We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights travel plan for Singapore

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Topic
6 nights travel plan for Singapore

Myself, wife & son (14 yrs old) will be visiting Singapore from 18th May for a period of 6 nights. We will be landing in Singapore at 7.30am on 18th May. The check in time at hotel ( Parc Sovereign)is around 2pm. I have planned tentative itinerary as follows:

18th May:

- Morning around Little India

- Afternoon check in to hotel & relax

- Evening, visit Marina Bay & Orchard Road

19th May:

- Entire day at Universal Studio ( with Singapore 3 day city pass)

20th May

- Dukw Ride

- 4D Sentosa

- Funvee Night Adventure

All the above with Singapore 3 day city pass

21st May

- Singapore Flyer

- Snow City

- Night Safari ( with Singapore 3 day city pass)

22nd May

- Cable car

- Sea aquarium

- Skyline luge

- Underwater world

23rd May

Free day for shopping

Pls. go through the above & suggest changes or addition / deletion.

Also suggest if easylink card is required or tickets will be sufficient for MRT / Bus since free pickup from hotel is available for attractions covered in Singapore 3 day city pass.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

If this is your first visit then I would suggest you to see following places.

SINGAPORE

Day time: Sentosa islands, Universal Studios , Adventure Cove Water Park , Zoo, River Safari, Science Center, Singapore Flyer.

Evening / Night time: Garden by the Bay, Clarkes Quay (Merlion) + Boats Quay, Marina Bay + Helix Bridge Sands Skypark, Wonderfull Night show @ MBS, Night Safari, River Cruise.

These are 'my' observations from your above planning.

# Just buy an EZ Link card. No need to buy a 3 days city pass. Just be off pressure of under utilizing the 3 day pass. These are your 'compulsions' in using the 3 day city pass, but in fact its wastage of time (my view). Besides you will end up paying 'more' with 3 day pass viz-a-viz EZ link card.

- Dukw Ride

- Funvee Night Adventure

# The hotel might give you an early check in. BTW Your hotel is not good (see the reviews) and the location is not very comfortable.

# You need to give a miss to the following.

- Snow City

- Underwater world (as you already visiting SEA aquarium)

Have a look at my suggestion to visit places above. You should plan for Zoo, Garden by the Bay, River Cruise which your 14 yo son will definitely enjoy more.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 05:12
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
652 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

a lot of the attractions you listed on 19, 20 and 22 are all on sentosa. I think you can cover most of them in 2 days. as mentioned above the zoo, gardens by the bay are good too.

i think it really depends if the city pass covers the attractions entrance. for instance sentosa entry has packages for a number of the attractions that is cheaper than purchasing seperately.

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

Thanx for your suggestions.

I have purchased Singapore 3 day city pass which includes Captain Explorer DUKW® Ride, FunVee Night Adventure & 1 Day City Travel includes Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing (unlimited 1 Day use) plus 3 of preferred attraction admission tickets from the participating attractions (refer website www.singaporecitypass.com for list of attractions). Through this pass I plan to visit Universal Studio, Night Safari & 4D Sentosa along with Duck Tour & FunVee Night Adventure. The sum of individual cost of these attractions works out to be approx. SG$231 whereas the pass costs SG$158.9. So I think there is a lot of savings here.

As for the hotel, I read mixed reviews for Parc Sovereign on the website. The deciding factor was it was within my buget (approx.Rs.70000 for 6 nights including breakfast) and location (close to Little India where I can have veg. Indian food).

Please let me know if u think differently on the above points.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

<< Snow City>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294265-d155…

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

"I have purchased Singapore 3 day city pass" - "Please let me know if u think differently on the above points"

if you have already bought it, then no point in explaining. Its the marketing that works.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

For that price, you may be able to book Village Hotel Albert Court which has fairly good reviews and also close to Little India.

7. Re: 6 nights travel plan for Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16