We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

My husband and I are trying to decide between staying at the Novotel Clarke Quay ( for the easy access to transport and places of interest) and the Village Hotel Katong (for a more romantic atmosphere) Any comments on the pros and cons of either? How inconvenient is the travel from Katong district?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

Hello Lee M,

Village Hotel Katong is in the East, nearer to the airport and not near to any places of interests. So you will probably be using taxis more than public transport, the MRT does not pass there, and buses will take up much

time.

For a romantic ambiance, I would suggest that you look at the smaller hotels where it is quieter but still be near to the action. Have a look at

The Residence - a club house residence right in the centre of the city (City Hall). Close to the MRT and within walking distance for a romantic stroll around Marina Bay.

Carlton Hotel - still in the City Hall area. A highrise building but imo, quiter as compared to the Swissotel Stamford where there is a big shopping complex just beside it.

Grand Park City Hall - as the name implies, in the City Hall area, but on the other side. Walking distance to Clarke Quay and Marina Bay.

Peninsula Excelsior - across the road from Grand Park City Hall.

Read their reviews before you decide.

My $0.02. Hope this helps.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

Dear Singapore Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to offer suggestions. I will check out your recommendations.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

The Novotel Clark Quay would be a more convenient location for you to get around from. It's also in a more interesting area , close to the business district, Singapore River and Chinatown.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

Thank you- I appreciate your help- very confusing when one doesn't know the city at all.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel

Lee M, hi

i`d have a close look at THESE options too:

Swiss MC

Fairmont

Royal Plaza on Scott's

Oasia Hotel

Park Regis

if i were you.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel

Great - thank you for providing so many options.

Lee M

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel

very welcome... HAPPY planning!

8. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17