We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Legoland

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Legoland

Hi

We would like to do a day trip to Legoland from Singapore. We are 2 adults and 2 kids and I had planned to take the WTS coach which sounds very good but have heard that this can be very time consuming with the border crossing so have considered taking a taxi. Can anyone please give me advice in regards to taking a taxi for this trip? Many thanks

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Legoland

You can take a Malaysian registered cab from Queens Street for $40 fixed price to JB and negotiate a rate to Legoland from there. If you take a Singapore registered cab from Queen Street taxi terminal you can only be dropped off at the Kotaraya taxi stand.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Legoland

Hello Jo P,

When are you going? Personally, depending on when you are going, I would say take the WTS coach. Coaches have their own separate lanes at the checkpoint. But you have to come down and queue at the immigration counters while cars/taxis will drive up to the booth for immigration clearance. However due to tightening and enhancement of procedures and vehicle checks due to recent incidents of attempted illegal entries, vehicles can be stuck at the checkpoint for hours. Coaches, since they have separate lanes, move faster than the vehicle lines.

My $0.02.

3. Re: Taxi to Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 18:37
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Legoland

Thanks SingaporeNancy, thanks for your advice, we only have two days in Singapore Friday 4th and Saturday 5th July so I am thinking of going on the Friday in the hope that it will be a little less crowded?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Legoland

Yes, Friday will be less crowded than the weekend.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Legoland

Thanks for the info Mankster, do you know if it is possible to book a Malaysian registered cab in advance?

Edited: 27 May 2014, 09:09
7. Re: Taxi to Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16