We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd Visa Question

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Odd Visa Question

I interviewed for a job in Singapore and the woman started talking about work cards, it would seem as if I am going to be offered the position and I am going to accept and move from the US to Singapore.

My question has to do with my son, he is 6 and because he very likely will not be coming with me he would come visit me when he gets out of school in the summer. I believe he can stay up to 60 days without a visa. However because I would have a work visa and be living there are there different rules that would allow him to stay longer?

Assuming no, if we decide to go to Bintan Island for a few days would his 60 days begin again or is this something the Immigration would crack down on?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd Visa Question

You can extend his short-term visit pass at the Immigrations and Checkpoint Authority office at 10 Kallang Road (Lavender MRT). You do not need to embark on such measures if you have a valid reason.

You may read up on more information at the ICA website here ---> www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx…

But if you decide to go on a holiday with your son around the region while he is town, the answer to your 2nd question is "yes".

Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,652 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd Visa Question


The most accurate and up-to-date info you`ll get from...


We are only a travel forum, and visa questions are better to be asked first hand from the authorities.

Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odd Visa Question

You son would qualify for a dependent pass if you have a work permit ( and earn more than the minimum stipulated)


4. Re: Odd Visa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:16