We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Information on visiting

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
General Information on visiting

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend (both early 20s) will be visiting Singapore on the 6th September for 10 days, We will be staying at "THE FOREST by Wangz hotel"

We have planned all our trips like going to the universal studios, zoo ect.. in terms of getting around what would be the best method of transport traveling to and from these destinations.

Also we were interested to know the cheapest area for food, I'm hearing the Alcohol is on the expensive side but not getting much information about eating out and areas that can be within walking distance from our hotel?

We are also planning to book a couple of trips with the company Viator, if anyone has used them before or know how reliable they are.

Thanks in advanced.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Information on visiting

Viator just resell packages for tour comanpnies. Unless you are doing an excision out of the country, or don't speak any English you can avoid them in Singapore.

There is no specific are for cheap food in Singapore, it's everywhere. You can have a $5 meal within 5 min walk of a string of $400 establishments. Near your hotel, you will find cheaper eats at the Novena SQ and Velocity malls next to the Novena MRT station, and the hospital next door.

Alcohol is London West End hotel bar prices, in regular bars in town.

Take taxi to from your hotel to Sentosa and the Zoo to save time.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,903 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General Information on visiting

Fulham23, hi

1/ yoursingapore.com

2/ http://gothere.sg/maps

Singapore
Level Contributor
133 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General Information on visiting

In my opinion, the cheapest and most authentic local food is found in hawker centres (also known as food centres). They are mostly found in non-tourist areas such as the town areas. Eat where the locals eat and you can find the cheap and good ones. Watch out for queues and you will know it must be delicious!

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: General Information on visiting

I say you can take the MRT from Novena to Toa Payoh MRT which is only 1 or 2 stations away. Toa Payoh is a densely populated town centre with a distinctly local flavour. There are outdoor shops, hawker centres (local foods), air-con malls to explore.

I think it will be an interesting experience to see the type of everyday stuff that locals do, eat, or play.

5. Re: General Information on visiting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:19