We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

Hi all,

This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone know how much the Carlton Hotel requires as a security deposit?

I'm arriving in a day and a half and just realised I may have underestimated this expense.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,536 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

Security deposits and pre-Authorisations for incidentals are determined completely at the hotel discretion. Probably best to contact the hotel directly to obtain the correct and current information.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 23:25
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,952 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

Hello,

Here is their contact us page below so you can email them directly. Whenever I stay at the Carlton I usually lodge Aust$ cash for incidentals even though the booking is fully pre-paid (they seal my cash in an envelope which I co-sign), and I get it back on departure as I don't usually have room service there. I don't use credit cards so not sure how much they hold on your card.

http://carltonhotel.sg/contactus.html

New Zealand
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

Thanks everyone for the quick replies

I had emailed but I was worried I wouldn't hear back in time so I have just rung them, $50 per night.

I might also use cash if I can

Thanks again!

Edited: 21 June 2014, 23:39
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,952 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

When I say I want to lodge my own currency as a cash deposit they just work out an amount. I do tend to get a strange look because I don't have a credit card, but they accept cash. That way I can just keep handing over Aust$ and getting it back at each hotel I check into. If I do have room service etc I just settle the bill in Sgd$ cash on checkout.

5. Re: Carlton Hotel Security Deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:17