We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Hi guys

need advice on a budget hotel in the centre, with pool, safe and clean, for under 150USD.

So far I've found two options that I like:

according to tripadvisor reviews "Lloyd's inn" is a nice small hotel, but I'm not so sure about it, not enough info on this hotel, seems like it's been renovated, and some websites have reviews of this hotel based on stays before the reno. So, something stops me from pushing the "book now" button. Have anybody stayed there?

another option is Santa grand hotel bugis, as we are looking for a hotel in a budget under 150UDS, kinda centrally located, near cafes and within walking distance at least to some places, and we definitely want a pool, cos remembering how hot and muggy it is there, we want to have a small swim after a day out exploring the city.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Hello Lunohodik,

For US$150 (about SGD$186), you can consider the following hotels which, imo, are at a better location.

Hotel Grand Pacific

Grand Park City Hall

YMCA@One Orchard

Fort Canning Lodge

You can check their reviews here on TA.

Good Luck!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,249 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Hello,

Yes, Lloyds Inn has just been completely renovated. It was an old place, rather drab and unpopular before the transformation. I have been watching the first few reviews here on Tripadvisor and have added it into the Boutique Accommodation Article I have written which is in our forums Top Questions section on the right-hand side of this page. lloyds Inn now seems rather trendy, with modernist, minimalist design. The location is great, in an area off Orchard Road.

Many in your price range don't have swimming pools. Santa Grand Bugis is about 10 mins walk to an MRT station, it has small basic clean rooms, some without a window. The hotel has a small rooftop pool which is quite nice.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
54,984 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Lunohodik, hi

If i were you i`add some 30USD to your budget and stay in Holiday Inn Express ( two hotels in SIN). Or Peninsula excelsior, for location and convenience to almost everything in SIN.........

############

nice nick, by the way....

Edited: 02 July 2014, 07:00
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

hank you for such a detailed reply!!!!

will definitely check everything out:)

Schonefeld, oh thanks(about the nick) its an old nick of mine since my childhood in the USSR, lunohod literally means a "moon walker" it was an old soviet probe that they launched to explore the surface of the moon:))))) and lunohodik is a small one-as they used to call me;)))))))) kinda appropriate nick for the travelling website:)))) sorry for the off top

Peninsula hotel we loved, but its kinda expensive for my travelling companion ;(

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
54,984 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

Lunohodik, hi again

you are very welcome... any time. <<Peninsula hotel we loved, but its kinda expensive for my travelling>> The difference is still diminutive ( like lunohod in comparison with lunohodik), especially after purchase of air tickets from Toronto to SIN.

6. Re: Lloyd's inn, santa grand Bugis or any other budget hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17