We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Singapore

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
hotel in Singapore

Hi all,

I will arrive Singapore at 9.30pm on 28th, then will leave there on 30th 1.50am. I am looking for a hotel which will be convinient for me too see thing around as I know I will have a very early morning flight on 30th. I particularly want to see the famous Merlion again in Singapore. Can anyone suggest me which hotel should I stay? I usually stay in 4 stars hotel.

Thanks

1. Re: hotel in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 20:22
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in Singapore

Hello,

Hotels in the City Hall or Marina Bay Area are central. Without a specific budget figure in Sgd$ it's difficult to suggest accurately, but take a look at these -

Carlton Hotel

Grand Park City Hall Hotel

Peninsula Excelsior

Residence at Singapore Recreation Club

Fullerton Hotel

Marina Mandarin

Pan Pacific Marina Bay

Fairmont

Swissotel the Stamford

Naumi Hotel, Seah Street

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in Singapore

Hi all,

Thanks for the information.

I would perfer to stay around the Merlion in the city .

I went to Singapore for a 7 days trip 15 years ago, but never got the chance to visit Santosa. How far is it from the city center to Santosa? If close, what is the easiest and cheapest way to go there?

Also,are the electronic plug in Hong

Kong different from Singapore? Do I need an adaptor in order to use the phone and computer that I purchased from Hong Kong in Singapore?

Finally , please advise me the cheapest and easiest public transportation from Singapore airport to the Merlion area (city center)?

Thanks

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in Singapore

hi, Singapore is served an extensive public transportation network (MRT and bus) that will bring you any places in the city. The public network is seconded by affordable taxis.

Location-wise it is more convenient to stay in a hotel near a mrt station.

If you are on a budget you may check Ibis Bencoolen or BIG hotel. For mid-range hotel you may check RendezVous hotel or Carlton hotel.

Sentosa can be easily reach by MRT to Vivocity mall then take Sentosa Express to Sentosa (2 min ride).

The MRT links Changi Airport to the city. The journey takes around 45 mins from Changi airport to city centre.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,888 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in Singapore

MsVivien R, hi

please specify your budget/ room/ night????

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in Singapore

Hi all,

Thanks for the helpful information.

I have checked the exchange rate of Singapore and Hong Kong. I assume Singapore currency is similar to Austrlian dollars. For my coming 46 days trip in Austrlia, my hotle budget ranging from approximately 200 to 500 Austrlian dollars per night depending on locations in Australia. Some locations like Ayers Rock and Snowy Mountain, the hotel room rates are much higher than usual, so I am willing to pay more to get a comfortable stay. So if you ask me what is my budget, then I would say between the range that I mentioned above. Of course, if I can get cheaper, I would be more than happy to do so. Again, I would perfer to pick the hotel or appartment with a 4 stars rate.

Anyone knows about the electricity plug of Hong Kong and Singapore? Do I need an adapter if I want to charge the phone and computer that I bought in Hong Kong ?

Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in Singapore

The Singapore hotels I listed in my post #2 suit your budget.

Electrical Adaptor guide -

https://www.korjo.com/Adaptor-Guide.aspx#

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in Singapore

okay. Thank you.

9. Re: hotel in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:16