We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Hello Everyone,

My family (Husband, 3.5 year old son and me) will be visiting Singapore between the 9th and 16th of August. It would be great if people on this forum could help us out with our itinerary as this will be our son's first overseas trip and he is naturally excited....

DAY 1 (9th Aug)

Get in by 7:30pm - checking into the Intercontinental - will probably grab dinner at Bugis or Marina Bay area

DAY 2 (10th Aug - Sunday)

Heading to Sentosa Islands and visiting the S.E.A Aquarium in the morning and Adventure Cove Park in the afternoon before heading back late afternoon.

Head back to the hotel and spend the evening walking around or maybe visit one of the malls on Orchard Road.

DAY 3 (11th Aug - Monday)

Heading back to Sentosa to visit Universal Studios and do the Sky Luge (which my son can do along with a guardian)

Head back to the hotel and spend the evening walking around or maybe visit one of the malls on Orchard Road.

DAY 4 (12th Aug - Tuesday)

Singapore Zoo

River Safari

Head back to the hotel and take a nap. Spend the evening walking around or maybe visit one of the malls.

Day 5 (13th Aug - Wednesday)

Singapore Science Center/ KidStop/ Snow city

Head back to the hotel and spend the evening walking around. Suggestions for a light activity welcome.

Day 6 (14th Aug - Thursday)

Jurong Bird Park

Singapore Night Safari

Day 7 (15th Aug - Friday)

Gardens by the Bay

Singapore Flyer

Day8 (16th Aug - Saturday)

Central Fire Station

Check out from Hotel and leave for Airport by 2pm.

A little about my son - He is extremely fond of transportation but while he is fascinated by animals his first love is definitely transportation. (cars/aeroplanes/trucks/fire engines etc)

Ideally, we would like for him to nap in the afternoon for an hr or so before we can resume activities in the evening. That way we can have slightly later nights.

Early mornings are not an issue for us. He tends to be an early riser.

Please do give me your thoughts on this preliminary itinerary.

Also, feel free to suggest any activity I may have overlooked.

Thanks in advance!

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Hello,

You may take a taxi to Mount Faber and have a ride on the Cable car to enter Sentosa.

The Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird park have a water playground for kids so you may want to bring swimsuit for your kid.

You may consider the Observation platform on top of the Marina Bay Sands as an alternative to the Flyer: it is an open air huge platform higher the Flyer providing a nice view of the cityscape and Gardens by the Bay. You can stay as long as you want.

Your kid may love the Duck tour. The ride is on board of an amphibious vehicle and begins by a tour of the city centre and then it splashes in the water and cruises into the Marina.

Strolling around Marina Bay in the evening is great, the view too. There are free light shows at Marina Bay (wonderful show) and Gardens by the bay (garden rapsody) in the evenings.

You may want to squeeze a visit to the Orchid Gardens early morning.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Hello,

The fire station and Civil Defence Heritage Gallery, Hill Street is a great idea. They have several vintage fire engines. I am sure your son will enjoy that.

scdf.gov.sg/content/…cd-heritage-gallery.html

And here is it's listing, reviews and photos on Tripadvisor -

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294265…

Here it is on the Street Directory map link below. (You can grab the map with your mouse if using a desktop or laptop computer and move it around, or with your finger if on an IPad device. With streetdirectory you can search for directions between places too).

streetdirectory.com/sg/…1785_12922.html

Edited: 26 July 2014, 20:50
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

@Huow - thank You! I think we will be incorporating all your suggestions... :)

Any dinning suggestions with children?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

@Huow - thank You! I think we will be incorporating all your suggestions... :)

Any dinning suggestions with children?

@ Avanti50 - thank you. This will make navigation a lot easier!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Hope you have a great trip.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Thanks!! 😃

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

hi again, does your kid eat asian food? If yes I think you should experience food courts and hawker centres. They are a must do in Singapore.

Gluttons Bay is open on evening right next Explanade and opposite the Mandarin Oriental: you can taste local foods in open air by the water.

Lau Pa Sat has repoened after extensive revamp: it still keep it gigantic roof. On evening stalls selling satays open on Boon Tat street next Lau Pa Sat: you can taste delicious satays while sitting on the road closed to traffic.

You can dine on Smith Street in Chinatown: you can dine on closed road with a roof above your head to protect you from the rain. A few minute walk there is Maxell food court, you can head to Tian Tian stall to try their famous chicken rice.

About sightseeing, Bugis market is opposite the Intercontinental: there is a couple of stalls selling fresh fruit juice, very cheap and refreshing.

Arab street is 15 min walk from your hotel: you'll find a very peaceful atmosphere, very different form the hectic Bugis. There is the Malay Heritage Centre nearby you can visit.

Little India is near Bugis and Arab street. It is nice to stroll in the area and watch shophouses with their particular architecture.

You can go to Chinatown: you can dine there on Smith Street and have a stroll along the souvenir shops. Around there are the Buddha Tooth relic temple, sri mariamman indian temple and Masjid Jamae mosque.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Ok.... Definitely didnt know about lau pa sat... Thanks once again! :)

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Do check how much of USS your child can actually go on. Its quite an expensive investment in attraction fees if there isnt a lot for them to do and Sentosa has a lot of other things to do.

The Night Safari and Bird Park on one day is not a good idea - the Bird Park is most of a day for me, more if you choose to spend time in the kids area with your child and then you will cross the island to visit the Night Safari which is a very late night - you will finish at around 11pm or later if you do it properly. Nothing wrecks the Night Safari as fast as being tired out and the Bird Park has a lot of walking to do to get around on top of the Night Safari's late night. You have the time and opportunity to put the Night Safari on the end of a lighter day spent mostly in aircon, so do that to let you visit it as fresh as possible.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary with 3 year old 9th Aug - 16th Aug

Hello Myrm,

Cmpletely understand what you mean by heavy day at jurong park and night safari. Will work around that by doing the night safari on a light day.

Thanks for the heads up on US... i did go online to check some of the attractions, seems that children below 122cms are allowed on many rides as long as they are accompanied by an adult. However, given he is only 3.5yrs I am not sure which ones he might want to do. We thought we might play it by the ear.

However it would be wonderful if you could tell me what Sentosa has to offer 3.5 year olds other than SEA aquarium, Adventure cove park and Universal studios? We have already zeroed in on sky luge. We are definitely not married to the idea of doing US as we are sure this is not our last trip to Singapore as a family.

Thanks once again....