We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Day 2014

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
National Day 2014

Hello all!

I have been fortunate enough to secure a dinner reservation at 1-Altitude Stellar on Saturday 9th of August. I have read that this is an excellent venue to view the NDP fireworks from?

As we have never been to 1-Altitude before, my question is even if we don't have window seating will we still be able to see the fireworks display clearly enough?

Also would the MRT be a suitable means of transport? We are staying at The Oasia Hotel so would it be best for us to catch the MRT from Novena to Raffles Station? I'm hoping it's not to far to walk from there as I will be in my finest (high) shoes!!

And has anyone dined there themselves and could recommend the food or a particular dish?

It looks a little pricey so I would love any advice or recommendations :)

I am very excited to be in Singapore for national day and to be in amongst all the action will be truly memorable for me and my partner as visitors from Australia.

Thanks for all and any comments :)

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Day 2014

Oh and what time do the NDP celebrations get underway? Parade, fireworks etc..

Many thanks!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,383 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Day 2014

Kylie Y, hi

YES, your dinner is gonna be a memorable one. You can never go wrong with oysters and champagne. High heels is the the thing girls should wear ( if they know how to do it properly), do not be shy to stroll proudly along SIN street - all nice, clean pavements, no mud, garbage and poodles....LOL

<<Also would the MRT be a suitable means of transport?>>

For easier door-to-door movement i suggest taxi. But MRT is a high heel friendly place too.

<< Parade, fireworks etc.. >>

yoursingapore.com

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Day 2014

My advice, best to avoid taxi if you are going near the parade ground. There will be road block every where nearby the event. Even public buses are not spared. MRT is the best way to go. Much depends on what time you will be there for your dinner. People going into the event ground will have to be seated earlier. Not sure the timing, but I believe it is a few hours before it starts, maybe by 3pm? I don't have the information, so can't tell you much. I had only attended several such event but that was long time ago and even then, had to be there earlier. Best possible news is from the local press nearer to the 9 Aug

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National Day 2014

Hello Kylie Y,

The information is out today.

straitstimes.com/news/singapore/transport/st…

Imo, take the MRT to get to 1-Altitude. Its a short walk from your hotel to the Novena MRT station. Take a south bound train to Raffles Place station. 1-Altitude is on top of One Raffles Place. Raffles Place MRT station is in the basement of the building. However, there is no access to 1-Altitude from the station. You have to walk up to the ground level, but it's a short walk. Easy with high heels. Many female office workers do it almost every day!

A word of caution. The MRT will be very crowded. Security will be tight and the police will regulate human traffic to MRT stations to ensure safety. Time your departure so that you will not get caught up with the masses leaving the parade venue.

Have a great evening!

5. Re: National Day 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17