We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Hello,

Posted this question earlier but lost network so I dont know if its on the forum already.

Anyhow, we will landing in Singapore on 9th Aug at 530pm.

Its a national holiday on the 9th and there will be fireworks at the marina bay between 7pm and 8pm.

We will naturally try and check into our hotel as soon as we can (Intercontinental), but the earliest we can get there in my estimate is 630pm.

I believe people start gathering for the fireworks as early as 6pm. We will naturally not be able to get there that soon.

Can anyone suggest the BEST VIEWING AREA for the fireworks? Even if it is a rooftop restaurant or something we wouldn't mind as long as they are ok with having a toddler on their premises in the evening.

Any other suggestions on how we can make it to the fireworks on time?

Thanks in advance!

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

have you got a marina view room at your hotel

is there a roof top viewing at the hotel

everything will be booked out around the marina and it will be chaotic so a distant view might be easiest with a child

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

ok thanks... will do

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

The promenade infront of Marina Bay Sands mall should be fine. Little point in getting to a roof top, you will see very little unless you at the edge.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

You can take the MRT Downtown line from Bugis MRT station- 2 stops to Bayfront MRT station.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Ok thanks! I am just worried about it being crowded at the promenade. Everyone will be there from 6pm. So it will be Jam packed... dont u think? No place to stand and we will have hold our 3 year old in our arms for the duration of the fireworks.... Am i right in painting this picture?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Hello NGTravelUpdates,

Yes, you are right! In fact barricades are being put up at One Fullerton. I suppose they are for NDP as it's too early for the F1. Can't see whether the same is happening at the MBS side.

The Parade will precede the fireworks although I understand there will be some fireworks during the cultural performances too. The actual fireworks is towards the end of NDP and that should be around 7:30 pm.

As you will be in late I don't think you can make it to the Bay for the fireworks especially with the road closures and the capacity crowd in the MRT. I suggest finding somewhere nearby to your hotel. If you can get a room on a high floor with a clear view of Marina Bay , that will be good. Otherwise, I suggest you walk down to Bras Basah Complex and get on the higher floors where you will be able to catch the fireworks. FOC.

Good luck.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

SingaporeNancy thanks! Will try and stay away from MBS then....

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

I think the area surrounding the marina bay platform gets pretty packed from 5pm... the police will close off certain areas if it gets too crowded

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Thanks! I did manage to speak with someone at the hotel and she suggested fullerton bay may be possible... So will just play it by the ear...

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 9th Aug - Marina Bay - Fireworks - 3 yr old

Hello NGTravelUpdates,

Unless you are a guest there, you may not be able to access the promenade in front of the hotel to view the fireworks. Like I mentioned before, gated barriers have been set up from the Esplanade Bridge right up to the Fullerton Bay Hotel for crowd control and for patrons/guests' convenience and comfort. Signs are up that the Police will be directing/ regulating human traffic. I suppose whatever space that's available for the public will have been taken up by 5pm since people will want to catch the pre-parade programme too.