We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios - mild rides?

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Universal Studios - mild rides?

Hi everyone. I'm planning a visit to USS with husband and 5yo old in October. Which rides are mild and non-dizzying? My son (and me!) doesn't particularly enjoy rides with plunges / twist & turns / in the darkness. Thanks.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,310 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

RainbowSkylark, hi

rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Homepage/Attrac…

About half of attraction have height/ age limitations like *Children under 122cm must be accompanied by a supervising companion.* OR * Children must be at least 92cm to ride.* The detailed list of those is here, see what`s suitable for you and your kid:

rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Homepage/Attrac…

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

I am aware of the height restrictions list. However, it is not an indication of whether the ride is fast, bumpy, in the dark, or dizzying. I'm after a list of the milder rides.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,310 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

RainbowSkylark,

If the ride has limitation it only means that it`s << fast, bumpy, in the dark, or dizzying>>.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

My then 4.5 year old went on everything other than the Mummy and the now discontinued Battlestar Gallactica (too short for those) The rest of the rides are all tame. I think the Transformers ride is the next most 'bumpy' and that is a motion simulator rather than a 'ride'. The Jurassic Park Ride has a mild water drop at the end.

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

Schonefeld,

The Treasure Hunters ride has a limitation "Children under 122cm must be accompanied by a supervising companion." but it's neither fast, bumpy, in the dark, nor dizzying from what I've read on various websites. That's why I didn't think the height restrictions list was a good indication of how scary a ride was.

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

Mankster,

Thanks for your reply. What did your then 4.5 yo think of the Canopy Flyer and Enchanted Airways?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

He loved Canopy Flyer , we went on it the 3 times the first time we went to USS. It's totally smooth and quiet and over in a flash. It's a kids ride that allows adults really. I am not a fan of Rollercoaters, even kids ones), so he went with my wife, I am not sure how bumpy that was.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 06:55
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

The Madagascar ride is very mild. It is a little bit dark inside but there is plenty of lights to show all the characters and it's meant to be fun.Same can be said for the Elmo space ride, no jolts etc but a little bit dark because you are supposed to be in space. There is an outdoor car ride that he would probably like.

Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

Brought my nephew to USS. He's 4yrs old.

It will be hard to entertain a 4yr old at USS. Maybe that's why it's free for kids that age.

Limited rides for 4yr olds. Even the special efx show at Waterworld may be too loud and scary for them. Definitely no-no is the Mummy and Transformers.

Maybe the best ride for them (easy, yet scary to an extent) is the Lost Treasure, fake car ride through a jungle of fake animals and insects. Nothing to be scared of except loud irritating noises and screeching. Very gentle ride.

Deinitely no-no is also the dragon rollercoaster at Shrek. Perhaps the 4D show if the kid is safe with darkness and loud sounds.

Steven Speilberg's special efx show is good, but the wait can be quite demanding, the queue can be long.

Madagascar and Sesame Street are all ok.

Monster Rock? Maybe...

Pune, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Studios - mild rides?

Hi ,

Sorry for hijacking your question I am traveling with 2 seniors unlike Sentosa where u can hand pick what you want to do USS I think has no such option I need some suggestion if they can really enjoy at least few rides out of the full ticket price .

Thanks

Gaurav