We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchard Road

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Orchard Road

Used to stay at the Hyatt near Orchard Road many years ago - is it still there? Used to go to a restaurant called the Cozy Cafe and the Tange Inn - are they still there? Also used to be an Aussie restaurant in town where they gave the ladies shawls to wear as it was cold! - very good for breakfast I think - bet it has gone now??

adelaide
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchard Road

yes the Hyatt is still on Scotts rd and the only Aussie eatery i know is called Moomba 52 circular Rd ?? they serve Emu And Kangaroo Ect and yes they have a great breakfast of scram/eggs,snags &bacon

Regards Pete.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchard Road

There is a Hog Breath cafe inside CHIJMES complex now.

Hyatt is definitely still there, except there is some construction work (either retrofitting or tearing down the place) going on next door at the old Scott Shopping centre.

Cheers

Castle Cary, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchard Road

Hi,I've just come back from a trip to Singapore after more years than I care to mention.I also remember the Cozy Corner Cafe and Tanglin(/).I think you'll find things changed beyond recognition,but it's still a great place to visit.For a dose of pure nostalgia I suggest you visit the Chinatown Heritage Museum (in Chinatown!).Really fascinating information/videos/room sets from inception to date.Don't miss Clarke Quay at night.Have a great trip!!

4. Re: Orchard Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 23:17