We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durian Buffet

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Durian Buffet

I came across this Durian Buffet thing that is ending on the first week of August so I called my travel agent and booked for a quick 3day vacation in mid July. I'll be taking my mother too for some shopping, but my main purpose is solely the Durian Buffet. Yup, crazy.

Crazy without even checking out if "is it worth it?" I'm talking about Goodwood Park hotel's durian buffet. I do hope it is still ongoing as the last i've checked its up to early august. Of course it is the only one I've seen. Any other hotels or restos with the same attraction? Or any places I must go for Durian delicacies?

I also intend to bring home Durian pastries, Any ideas where to get them aside from goodwood hotel?

Maxwell Food Centre
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
ION Orchard
Observatories & Planetariums, Shopping Malls
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Durian Buffet

There is a seasonal durian pastries the local call"DODOL"made from durian+glutinuous flour+santan(coconut milk)+sugar.Very tedious N time consuming to make + very messy to eat(stick to fingers and knives while cutting.)but must try,very aromatic(brown in colour )

The authentic type is wrap with (dry)leaves but difficult to find.

Tip:use string or tread to slice through)

Available at cake house or market

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Durian Buffet

Heard of that long ago, but since forgotten about it. Anyway, its durian season everywhere in SG & MY now, plenty of durain to eat at the road side stalls. Goodwood Park hotel is wuite well known, my guess is, should be reasonably good. The other chain of hotel which I think offer durian putting as desert, not bad either. Raffles hotel restaurants, the Market place and Swisstol Merchant court hotel which I had tasted. Wonder they still serves that. But my guess is, likely as its in-season now.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Durian Buffet

Hey Impulse

Coming back for food? ^__^ And I see that U are coming with mum ^__^.

Goodwood park for Durian buffet, U make the right choice. Make sure U have the durian cake & if they can do something for U to pack it home, even better. See if U can get some Durian mooncake too, cos Mooncake festival round corner (before end August).

Remember the Puteri Mas Pte Ltd for durian Puff which I mentioned last time? Well, they have a branch at suntec City Now. It is located at the deli corner (behind Carrefour Information counter - When u face the Carrefour Information counter, it towards Ur left hand side) next to Carrefour Hypermarket. There is also my favourite Teck kee Pau for really good har Kow, Siew Mia, Char Siew Pau, Big Pau & everything else ^__^. They are good when pipping Hot But U can also pack those not steam type to bring home. ^__^ http://www.teckkeepau.com/yummys.htm

3 Temasek Boulavard

Suntec City Mall Tower 3

(Outside Carrefore) Tasty Treatz

(Opposite the Sakei Sushi) 01-134A

Operating Hours

Monday - Sunday

09.30 am - 9.00 pm

Tel: +65-6732-8286

Cheers

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Durian Buffet

Hi Me^Only! Nice to see familiar, reliable names again!

Well aside from food, we're taking advantage of the Singapore Sale of course. And as mentioned above, will be excited to check out the food fest as well.

Thanks for the Puteri Mas tip! That will be part of my trip for sure. We're staying right at Orchard Road (Prince Hotel at Orchard, formerly Crown i think) so if there are must spots I should go to from my base this time, please let me know.

Thanks again!

5. Re: Durian Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 03:17