We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Sale 2010

Fairfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Sale 2010

I've read about this annual big sale, anyone that has been, are the prices really good or is this just a tourist promotion since it is sponsored by Tourism and by Mall Associations?

Thanks

CuzICan

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

It's a great sale with as much as 50% 70% and even 90% reductions on genuine goods.

As in all sales there also a lot of rubbish, but if you are lucky enough, as we have been, we've had some amazing deals on brand names. Alan.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

Hi there, the local won't go shopping till they drop if it's only Singapore Tourism Board 'trick' to attract visitor. In a way it's a 'trick' or event to attract visitor but also annual event for local Singaporean because the sale not only in main visitor area such as Orchard, City Hall, or Bugis but also in Singapore heartland island wide.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

Singaporeans rush for the Great Singapore Sales ("GSS") as well; so I guess that answers your question.

Whilst there is an "official" start date (usually 3rd week of June) for the GSS, some retailers rush for your wallets too; by having a 'pre-Sales Sales' around 2 weeks before the actual date !!

It is MAYHEM during the GSS - elbows in your face, stomped foot, body-charge etc. And that is only in the MRT trains. Ladies with eight-arms (like a octopus) all laden with shopping bags...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

No doubt there are some bargains to be had during the Great Singapore Sale, but don't expect too much. Not everything is discounted, and some not by much.

It goes for about two months - June/July.

I just find the sight of people queueing to get into LV stores so funny. No queues outside of any of the other "designer" stores.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

I have been to Singapore many times and at different times of the year

And Sales are on continuously!

Whenever you go, there are sales

And when you go non GSS there are less as on TA said octupuses!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

GSS *great singapore sales is just like extension of sales from a wk or so to 1-2mths. some are clearing old stocks while some are certain % disc across the board for wallets, shoes etc.

For locals, we go for private sales for the better sales. Discount is more. besides before GSS, there tend to be 'in house' sales too within the stores.

But there are still locals buying lots of things during GSS too. Also lucky draws to win cars haha. For me, i hardly buy any stuffs during that period of time.

Its not really true that sales are continously. There are also times when no discount is given. I think sales come abt 4-5x for each departmental stores , shops etc. Especially when they need to clear past season clothes (ie Mango)

Xmas is also good season to shop. More perks

and yes, pls do not think there's sales at Louis Vuitton when u see people queuing up outside. every wkend, there are queues forming outside LV takashimaya n ION. NO sales. Just that i think locals like to go in to check LV. hehehhee

Edited: 06 December 2009, 20:58
clark
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

when is the annual sale in SG this coming 2010?

thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

Usually around mid-May to mid-Jul every year.

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

can anyone tell me if the top brands like bottega veneta, chanel etc., will be having sale as well or maybe in different month

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore Sale 2010

will there be any big brand sale exam. bottega veneta, chanel, prada etc.