We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Topic
2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

i want to see as much as i possibly can even though i know this won't be possible.

however, i do not want to see the botanical gardens or anything bird/wild-life related.

im interested in landmarks, cool buildings, hawker stalls and definitely want to visit the technology shopping malls.

can somebody give me a rough idea of things i should see suited to my interests so i can help devise myself an itinerary.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8282-Suggested…

Good Luck :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

Cool buildings near the Singapore River: Theatres on the Bay (night), Merlion (not a building but better at night), the Fullerton (again better at nightime) - suggest go for a walk around this area at NIGHT - then go to Boat Quay, Chjimes (very cool or Clarke Quay) for dinner. (OK tad expensive but you only live once!!) I say these are better at night because they are illuminated.

For daytime - around the Padang/City Hall area - and you don't have to go inside - the Asian Civilisations museum - best view is on a bumboat from the river, Sir Stamford RAffles Statue, Empress Place, Supreme Court et etc etc Raffles Hotel of course and venture inside around the courtyards and pubs.

Around Clare Quay area is the MICA building and the Singapore Tyler Print Instiute. Google to see what they look like.

NOw some of the coolest buildings are found in Chinatown - many of them beautifully restored. If you do get to Chinatown try to visit the URA Gallery and the Chinatown Heritage Museum.

On Orchard there is the very cool St Regis Hotel and there are a couple newly renovated shopping centres - one of them has a special light phasing on the outside but I can't remember what its name is - not far from Tanglin Center - so worth a late afternoon to evening stroll.

For electronics I shopped at Funan Digital Mall - multiple levels. This is in City Hall area but there are also cheaper places I think around Bugis - I think it could be Sim Lim Square. Did not find the electronics to be cheaper than Sydney so compare before you buy. Xian.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

I also went into the foyer of the Marina Mandarin for a look see at its atrium if that is what you are interested in. Other good shopping is at The Central at Clarke Quay Its the coolest shopping centre in Singapore IMHO.

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

thanks people.

I'm going to take that singapore itinerary for 1-5 days and devise my own and come up with it.

I'm thinking I might just stretch singapore to 3 days as i will probably lose half a day at least arriving and travelling

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

The latest cool building:

Ion

http://www.ionorchard.com/about-ion-orchard

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

looks good

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

(1) Visit the Asian Civilisation Museum; if you like museums, the exhibits are worth appreciating, spend 2 hours at least.

(2) Haw Par Villa (Tiger Balm Garden): tacky and run down stone statues in a parkland. Locals shun it, but westerners seems to think it is "cool and a riot"..

(3) If you are in the Sim Lim Square area, pop over to the new LaSalle College of Arts Building. Very cool .

streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…

(4) Lau Pasat Market - hawker centre with a difference. Go after 7 pm and enjoy cool alfresco dining on satay (small grilled skewered meat) street:

streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

thanks folks

9. Re: 2-3 days singapore advice on to-do list

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 06:17