We are currently planning our trip to Singapore and need some advice, particularly as we will be in Singapore over Chinese New Year celebrations. We are a couple (40s) who enjoy culture, wildlife and just experiencing the country.
We will be coming to Singapore on the way to Australia and will spend 4 nights here. I've been reading all your kind advice on the forums and have the following thoughts:
- Mon 15 Feb: Just late evening on the day of arrival after almost day long travelling; probably just brief intro to Singapore;
- Tues 16 Feb: probably city tour, Bird Park . Evening - River Hong Bao: see floats/ CNY concert at 8pm;
- Wed 17 Feb: City touring, shops, markets, Botanic Garden/ Orchids, Thian Hock Keng Temple. Evening - Night Zoo;
- Fri 19 Feb: some sightseeing, may be river cruise. Watch Passion Pasar at 3pm, possibly Chingay Parade then going to the airport for 11pmish flight.
1. What will be your personal recommendation for the Hotel? Our budget is maximum £100 per night, but preferably less. We want just clean and safe hotel, ideally with breakfast and good public transportation. For 4 nights, the options appear to be:
- £490 Miramar/ Furama with Singapore Stopover Package incl attractions/ transfers/ but no breakfast.
- £315 Park Royal (both) but no breakfast
- £360 Novotel including breakfast if available
- £460 Pan Pacific including breakfast (if we push the boat out!)
2. What would you personally recommend to add/change in our itinerary? We want to enjoy all Singapore has to offer.
3. Do you think we will get to see some of the Chingay Parade? Will it take us longer to get to the airport on this night?