We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Hair in Singapore

Caribbean dreaming!
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Hair in Singapore

My wife would like to know wear to buy human hair extensions (weave) in Singapore. Is there an area or street where we would be able to find this hair? She is thinking beauty supply shops may have them, since most hair is exported from this area of the world.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dac

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

Only know abt doing the extension but no idea of buying the items alone> local girl forums will have such topics n some unpleasant experiences at some shops where they said a lower price but quality etc is totally different> if u need more infor on where to look for the info, drop me a msg

Singapore
Level Contributor
458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

try asking on flowerpod.com.sg

singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

I think there are a couple of shops in Chinatown that sells hair...do you mean like wigs and stuff like that. It is in a mall opposite the OG mall in Chinatown, You can google wigs in Singapore for more details. Hope this helps. Cheers!

singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

There is one shop that sells this in Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road...another on in Chinatown in the mall opposite OG Department Store. You can google Wigs in Singapore/ Hair Pieces for more information. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

yea i walk past the People Park Market level 3 just days ago n asked abt it. they do sell the hair. Price wise i think is 90++ or 100+ for full crown hair extension.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

Hi,

Are you thinking about doing a weave? e.g.. you have short hair and want to do cornrows/tiny plaits(what do you call that style), dreadlocks, etc, etc. and that they weave it in - with needle and thread, etc?

Because the real hair extensions for those are difficult to find in Singapore.

I've had that done a couple of times, but not when I was living here and I only know of one lady(and even then I only know her name...lost her card!) who does it here for the blacks (is that PC? The term keeps changing! Sorry if it isn't!!)

Actually the no 1 place in the world where almost all (if not all) of the real hair extensions come from is India.

7. Re: Buying Hair in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:17