We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Lombok

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Lombok

Hi I'm in the early stages of booking our holiday for Dec/Jan, looking for direct flights from Singapore to Lombok 6th Jan and can only find Silkair direct flights at $365.70 SGD per person.

is there another airline that flies direct to Lombok? if not, am I likely to get a much better price if I keep an eye out between now and then or is that a pretty standard fare?

Thanks for any help

Cheers Deb.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Lombok

The route SIN-Lombok is not a popular one so far. Only very few airlines do fly there. Silkair hold a monopoly for this route, the rates are the result.

If you plan your itinerary to Lombok via JKT, may be you could strike a better bargain ( Garuda Indonesia JKT-Lombok about 1600k IDR). Just a suggestion. And of course all good deal depends on seasonal air carrier programs and discounts ( if any)

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Lombok

It's already a good deal by Silk Air consider they are one of the best regional airlines and by Singapore Airlines. And you won't experience any hassle by flying directly instead of transit in Jakarta, Surabaya or Bali. Indonesia domestic flight schedule is really unreliable unless you take Garuda Indonesia, slightly better.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Lombok

I would not worry so much about IND ,,domestic flight schedule ,,,

The real problem with Indonesian air carriers is safety and CRASH performance. YES among all the others - Garuda, the national carrier, is the best ( so far).

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Lombok

Thanks for your replies I have looked at lots of alternate routes and carriers, the best deal is flying JetStar on Valuair to Bali then Garuda to Lombok but we would need to stay over night because flight schedules. Doing it this way works out at only $165 AUD each almost half price! so hubby and I will have to decided if it's worth the hassle to save the money :)

I have never heard of Valuair are they safe?

Cheers Deb.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Lombok

Valu Air is a good budget airlines. They are under the same management which is Qantas. They operate the flight to Indonesia (only) for Jet Star. In fact some of their carrier is newer than Jet Star! I've taken them few times my self for my trip to Jakarta, Surabaya, and Bali. There are other full service airlines giving a good price to Bali too at the moment: KLM, and Qatar Airways. Maybe you can cross check with it too. From Bali to Lombok is just a 'very' short flight. Except the flight schedule sometimes can be a big problem especially with Merpati Airlines, they just un-reliable although they have the most number of flight to Lombok from Bali.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Lombok

As an option for you _

there is a fast boat service Bali-Lombok several times a day. price about 60 USD/ person, time to travel - 1.5 hour. May be it will work better for you than overnight in Bali and 20 min flight to Mataram the next day?????? The link:

http://gilifastboat.com/

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Lombok

Thanks AndyNg it's comforting to hear from someone who has flown with them, I checked the other airlines you mentioned and they are still much more costly so Valu Air will be our choice.

Schonefeld thanks for the suggestion of the fast boat but as our flight won't get into Bali until after 9pm it will be too late for the boat as well as Garuda flights. After Lombok we will get the boat back to Bali so I saved the link thanks:)

Cheers Deb.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Lombok

Ok. Travel safely and enjoy your trip.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Lombok

Enjoy your stay in Lombok!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Lombok

Hi,

As mentioned by the others, you only have Silkair to Lombok.

I have flown Valuair to Bali many times - the last time being just last week and this time with my baby.

If you have a choice of times - try to get the earlier on even if it means arriving 15 mins earlier.

I think that there are 2 flights on Friday and one arrives at 9.15pm and the other at 9.30pm. That arrival time is VERY crowded. I have taken that route many times.

Alternatively, Airasia also flies to Bali. It's also a budget airline. I have not taken that though.

I wonder if you can book a Singapore Airline ticket from Sydney to Lombok, which means that you have to stop by Singapore and since Silkair is part of SQ, will they have a better deal...? I don't know if this is possible, but I just thought of it.....