We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

chennai
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Is it recommended to buy 2-in-1 ticket on line for visiting Singapore zoo & Bird park or do i have to endure long queue at entrance to buy ticket?

If i buy on-line, is it possible to visit both these places on different days or do i have to visit on same day?

Can we take packed lunch boxes inside?

Can we cover zoo & Bird park by foot or do we have to hop on to tram?

Thanks for your replies.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

I would recommend the 2 in 1 parkhopper simply for the price of it. I've never had to queue for more than 10 minutes at either attraction myself and the wait is usually less so there is not normally any long queue to be endured.

I don't buy online myself as the ticket is no cheaper online - the savings they quote are against the price of buying individual tickets. So I just get the parkhopper at the first attraction I go to - at that point the parkhopper is valid for 1 month so you do not need to visit the parks on one day - I would presume the online ticket works the same way because it would be a waste to visit two in one day.

Yes, you can take your own food into the park.

Both birdpark and zoo can be done entirely by foot. I do not use the tram at the zoo as in my opinion it really doesn't get me any benefit over walking. The Panorail at the birdpark is entirely unnecessary to a visit to the park but it is a decent ride, I use it about half the time to go around the park before I start walking to get an overview or as a closing ride.

FOr any of the parks you can buy the tram, boat and panorail tickets at the attraction even if you already hold a parkhopper entry ticket, so getting the parkhopper without tram rides doesn't stop you buying those rides if you choose.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Hi, normally the queue at the Singapore Zoo or any of the park is not long at all unless its weekend or public holiday;) Trying going eariler at 9am and you wont see much people around;D By the way, if you tend to visit the Night Safari and the Singapore Zoo, the Night Safari Tram ride will be included in the 2-1 Park Hopper Ticket;)

Yes you can bring your lunch inside and theres alot of resting place for you to have your packed lunch;)

Forget about the tram in the Singapore Zoo, its pointless as the Zoo is not that big till you need the entire day to finish exploring;D But I will vote for the panorail at the Bird Park thou, its fully air-condition and you can take it as a rest while enjoying the view after a walk under the hot sun;))

Hope this help and Enjoy your holiday!;)

chennai
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Thanks myrm and Kelele_10

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Sorry Kelele but when did they change the Night Safari Parkhopper to include the tram? Up until June this year I've always had to buy the tram as an upgrade and it has not been included. If they have changed it thats a nice addition as the Night Safari is the one park where I consider the tram a near necessity.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Hi myrm, did you purchase the park hopper ticket online?;) I think when you buy online theres a difference..not too sure thou, it cost $42 for the 2-1 Park Hopper Tix and it state clearly that *Ticket price includes Night Safari Tram Ride;))

I just book the 3-1 park hopper ticket 3-4months ago and yes the Night Safari tram is included in the price when I went to collect it;D Enjoy your holiday;)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Hi, Im sorry but I forgot to say that you can choose the type of package you want when you book online, for example, Admission + Panorail ride package or just Admission + Night safari Tram Ride package.

Different package offer different pricing depending on what they include in, Hope this clarify;) Enjoy your trip;)

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

It looks like a change (and a fairly recent one as I have looked the prices up fairly recently for questions here) as it is also listed on the standard tickets at the gate prices, not just the 'buy online' section.

I bought at the Zoo itself this year but I had been keeping an eye on the online purchases in case they discounted them and it definitely was not an option in June. I paid around 45SGD for my 3 in 1 ticket in June. Now that is 58SGD including what was a 10SGD tram ride. Add to that I just double checked the Night Safari site itself and they do not do admission only tickets any more its change to admission and tram. So, yes it looks like a change...

I like the change which will save me time as I no longer buy a 3 in 1 parkhopper and then have to queue for the Night Safari tram ticket which I would always buy. I imagine some people will feel a bit unhappy that they can no longer choose to just walk around but for me I walways wanted the tram.

Edited: 20 December 2010, 16:55
Bhubaneswar
Level Contributor
137 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Sorry for borrowing this trade... but i have a question here...

How far is Bird Park from the Zoo?

If i am not wrong.....Night Safari is part of the Zoo.. its just a tram ride at night....please correct me if i am wrong....

Does the 2-1 ticket for ZOO & Bird Park covers the transport from the Zoo to Bird Park ?

What bout Breakfast with orangutans.. do i have to buy another ticket for that ?

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

The night safari is part of the zoo.

The price for the 2-in-1 tickets do not include transport to from the zoo to the bird park.

The bird park is around 20-30 mins away by taxi which would cost you less than $30,depending on what time of the day you travel.

the breakfast with the orangutans would cost you extra. I would suggest you reserve a table before going.

Bhubaneswar
Level Contributor
137 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket for Singapore zoo & Bird park

Any link or any source for reserving the table for breakfast

any idea reg. cost and is it buffet