We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 hours in Singapore

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
13 hours in Singapore

Hi there we fly Singapore airlines fron Heathrow arriving Singapore at 7.35 am. Flight on to Brisbane is same day at 21.15pm terminal 3.

I was thinking of booking Ambassador Hotel terminal 3 for first 7 hours. After a sleep I understand we could have a 2 hour free trip round city by Singapore airlines. Then maybe a look at butterly park and possibly a swim.

Can someone advise me please is this feasible, or should I only book 6 hours at hotel.Is it best to ring them as I heard email confirmation does not always work?

Also is terminal 3 best hotel to go to (I dont know which terminal we land from H/row) Do all hotels have a pool or just terminla 1?

Any other suggestions welcome thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

(1) Your flight will arrive at T3.

(2) Only T1 hotel has the rooftop pool, free to use for guests at T1 hotel. Guests at T2 or T3 hotels would have to pay a small fee to use.

(3) Details of the Free Singapore Tour ---> changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgen…

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

T3 for landing, but why book anywhere to sleep? Sleep on the plane and have a day exploring Singapore, then another kip on your way to Oz

You can shower, have a massage, nails, change of clothes etc, just about anything you need is at Changi, Indeed Changi airport itself is worth a couple of hours just to explore.

Good luck. Alan.

changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgen…

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

Thanks both of you. I just wasn't sure what we'd want having got off the plane after that long journey.

I was wondering if we'd have slept on plane already.If so, perhaps a shower firs to refresh then explore Singapore.

Presume we'd check luggage in for onward flight, then go into Singapore with our hand luggage?.

Would you suggest getting a taxi both ways,How soon shold we be back at airport if flight is 9 15 pm. Maybe 7pm? Thanks

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

>>Would you suggest getting a taxi both ways,How soon shold we be back at airport if flight is 9 15 pm. Maybe 7pm? Thanks<<

As you would already have your boarding passes, arriving at 8pm would leave you enough time to get your carry on from Left luggage, and walk to the gate with 45min to spare (gates close 10min before depature). Security check is at the gate itself so no long line at security to get airside like at LHR.

The MRT would take 40min from the city, at less than $2 a person, and no worries about Traffic. Taxi would be around $22 at that time. and take 20-25min from City Hall.

Edited: 31 December 2010, 09:50
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,922 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

OK so those flight times mean the midday flight from the UK. Now that always used to be my least favourite flight for visiting SIngapore as for the best avoidance of jetlag it needed sleeping on the plane during the second half of the flight and that is bumpy air - in the early 90s it saved a significant chunk on the flight cost so I ended up on it often enough.

Now the A380 has made that a lot better as it is thrown around a lot less than the 747s and 777s - so you should be able get some rest unless planes are something you cannot sleep on. Best pattern is stay awake for 4-6hours after takeoff to push you into late afternoon/early evening and then rest/sleep until they force you to wake up for breakfast. This will make the day in SIngapore easier.

I have done this particular route and timing myself several years and I just stayed in the airport, there was enough to do, but getting out to enjoy the city would be worth it. You might want to use one of the showers that can be hired at the airport to feel more human.

Now you should check through to Brisbane and have your boarding passes already and your luggage will be moved automatically so all you need in SIngapore will be a day bag - I would suggest phone if it operates in Singapore, suncream, passports, boarding pass and cash is all you want. Left luggage might be your friend if you have heavy carryon bags.

Taxi is the easiest way to get in and out on that sort of short stopover - especially if you decide on doing the zoo or birdpark rather than something city centre like the museums. It saves a reasonable amount of time.

You could get back to the airport anytime before 8 when the gate will be opening as it should only take a few minutes to pass security. I would personally probably get back earlier and use the time to explore the airport itself - I can fruitfully waste 3 or 4 hours in Changi without too much difficulty.

Have you decided what you want to do within the city as your stopover timing is pretty perfect for doing anything - whole day atttractions, a couple of museums, just walking around. Have you considered food?

6. Re: 13 hours in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 05:20