We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying in on low carrier airline?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Flying in on low carrier airline?

We are flying into Singapore from Perth and hoping to use a low cost carrier. Most likely Tiger Air. Can anyone tell me if we fly tiger whether we can use the transit hotels? We will be arriving at around 3am with a four year old so were thinking it might be sensible/less hassle to rest there till ten am and then onto our next hotel in the city.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Tiger Airways arrives at Changi Airport via the Budget Terminal. Therefore, you would not be able to access the Transit Hotel (located at T1, T2 or T3). Your options would be to use either the hotel at T3 or head straight to town. You can refer to this link for more info: changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel

Alternatively, you may want to consider using Jetstar. Jetstar is using Terminal 1 and I would assume you would be able to use the Transit Hotel in this case.

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
142 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Honestly I prefer Jetstar as it is operated by Australian carrier Qantas, probably meaning less fares. I also heard that Tiger Airways is not really a good airline but my parents usually take it most of the time.

One could book rooms at any of the transit hotels available at the airport. Crowne Plaza Singapore is located next to Terminal 3 and ranks among the top 30 hotels in Singapore. Other hotels on the spot include Ambassador Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,811 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Arriving to Budget terminal with Tiger you`ll have NO ACCESS to transit hotels as all three of them are in Ter 1,2,3 airside, you need a valid boarding pass to enter. Budget terminal is not connected with the rest of the airport.

In this case your only option = go straight to the city hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Thank you so much :)

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

If you are arriving so early in the morning you would be best to book the previous night's accommodation at the hotel so you can take the baby straight to the hotel and to bed. We have done this in the past and it's well worth the extra cost.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Go for Jetstar.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

The only accessible transit hotel within the airport premises for you (if you decided to fly Tiger Airways) is the Crowne Plaza.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

oceanmum, have you checked airasia to kuala lumpur then onto singapore airasia depart perth 6.35 am arrive k/l 12.15 pm flights to singapore depart k/l around 3.15, 5.00pm,7.00pm. we are going to singapore in july and got k/l to singapore for $50 aus one way for 2 of us including taxes and luggage, they have a sale starting 22 feb

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

Thanks I will check air asia out, that sounds like a better time, we do live 2.5 hours from Perth but maybe we could stay in Perth for the night before our flight.

10. Re: Flying in on low carrier airline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 17:18