We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi everyone, Hope you are all well. I am very grateful that I can read your posts as they are very informative.. we will be leaving soon ... well 4 weeks but getting excited .. this will be our first trip with our daughter who will be close to 14 months .. staying at the Stamford .. and we have 2 days .... we would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions on what to do? Sentosa sounds nice.. also breakfast at the zoo.. love shopping to get some bargains .. singapore sling at raffles.. we cant wait

Maxwell Food Centre
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
ION Orchard
Observatories & Planetariums, Shopping Malls
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,819 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi, its great to hear that you will be coming to Singapore. Sentosa is a nice place to visit. They even have tours that can fetch you from the hotel itself and bring you around to Sentosa which will bring you arnd to various attractions like underwater world, dolphin lagoon, desperados (some laser show thingy), and more of the attractions available in Sentosa Island itself. Universal Studios is situated in Sentosa too. Its new and has lotsa fun rides in there but i dont think its suitable for ur 14mth old baby. (:

Places like Mustafa Centre is good to get electronic items, Orchard Road is good for shopping for anything!

You can talk to Basril from HZ Travels & Tours if you want. That company is pretty good at handling tours and airport transfer or even private transfer from anywhere in Singapore and Malaysia. You can visit their website for their details. (: i hope this helps!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi, breakfast with orangutans at the Singapore Zoo will be perfect for your 14month old child, do remember to reserve your seats first;) Sentosa is good but carrying a 14mnth old child around might be abit exhausting & tiring with all the activities avaliable there under the heat?Not sure will you be used to it thou... If you are into Theme Park ride then you can consider Universal Studio too. Im afraid in Singapore you cant bargain much in those major shopping centre in Orchard...the only places I know of for tourist to bargain is Bugis Street. Hope this help and enjoy your holiday;)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Breakfast at the zoo sounds great! Do you book the tickets on the zoo website? We have been quote S$45 + S$20 (for baby child seat), so $65 for car from the airport to Swissotel/Fairmont.... it seems a little pricey but we get in at 1030pm and all of us will be tired and just want to get to the Hotel ..

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Take a taxi from the airport to your hotel; should cost around S$20.

The taxi rank is clearly sign-posted, and the queue moves very fast.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Unless you are sticky on putting your kid on a child seat, any regular taxi will be much cheaper. The only drawback is that you will have to carry your child with you in the back seats. The regular taxi to your hotel should cost maximum SGD$30, unlikely to go beyond if you are reaching at 10:30 pm

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

And at the zoo, you can rent a stroller for your kid, I use it often when my kid was younger, they are clean and cost only about SGD$10 per day if I remembered correctly. There are also nice kids wagons for rental too.

www.zoo.com.sg/l2_t1.aspx?l1=2&l2=20&langid=1

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Thanks Vincxl.... do many parents hold their babies on their laps? What are the driving conditions like ... ? I guess we are paying $65 for the baby seat and to have a car waiting for us .. but the taxi rank sounds like an option ... just trying to work out how safe our daughter would be on our lap in the back seat ... I am getting anxious just thinking about that :-( ...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Most parents who takes the taxis hold their babies on their lap, I know I do when my was younger. The roads are ok and most drivers does not speed, but as added 'precaution', just tell the driver your baby is sensitive to.moving cars and request them to drive slower so as not to cause the many to cry loudly. Driver almost hates a wailing.g baby on their car :p so I'm sure they will drive slower.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Road conditions in Singapore are excellent (ie. no potholes, gravel paths etc). At 10.30 pm in the night, the roads will be uncongested, so expect a smooth quick 15 to 20 mins ride along the expressway from the airport to your hotel..