We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi everyone, Hope you are all well. I am very grateful that I can read your posts as they are very informative.. we will be leaving soon ... well 4 weeks but getting excited .. this will be our first trip with our daughter who will be close to 14 months .. staying at the Stamford .. and we have 2 days .... we would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions on what to do? Sentosa sounds nice.. also breakfast at the zoo.. love shopping to get some bargains .. singapore sling at raffles.. we cant wait

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Thanks Shuang ... I think after a 12 hour flight she will be happy she doesnt have to be strapped into a car seat ;-) we are lucky it is a short trip...

Thanks Vincxl - LOVED your suggestion about asking the driver to take it slower... I hope she doesnt cry though anyhow

I thought 2 days was a long time in Singapore and now that we have had so many suggestions ... it doesnt seem like we will have enough time :-(

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

You could do about 2 weeks each every couple of years and you'll still find new things to occupy and surprise you. I was born and raised here and still find things to surprise me :)

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Just to add that our taxi ride from airport to hotel on the harbourside was only 18 S Dollars. Enjoy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

With less than a week to go we are all so excited .... wehave booked breakfast at the zoo and plan to take our time seeing the sights so our daughter is comfortable .. I see the weather looks hot and humid? We are so excited and cant wait and thankyou for your suggestions and help! Have a good day!

London, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

How wonderful Belsunshine - we feel your excitement - have a great time in lovely Singapore. We think SIN one of the half-a-dozen great cities of the world. What are those other great cities, I might hear you ask? Well, we rate New York, Rio de J, Prague, Istanbul, Rome, Paris and Edinburgh.

Sorry, that's seven! Please forgive my excesses! have a lovely time and enjoy the fantastic tucker - have a tasty laksa for me and a chendol or three!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

We have done 4 from your list .. soon to the 5th .. so only 2 to go ;-) we will try the laksa and all the delicious food for sure....

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

I will also go to Singapore with my 13 months old son (will be 15 months when we go)! I also feel excited, just like you because it's the first time we bring him to travel! Other than the zoo, any other suggestion which suits infants? I may not go to Universal Studio since I think we can't play and our son also won't enjoy!

Is it expensive & difficult to get a taxi in Singapore? I plan to go to our booked hotel (Regent) or from the hotel to the tourist points by taxi.

I'm now still hesitating whether to try Marina Bay Sands too! I want to book 1 night as it's so famous!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi There, smile_w99 we have had many suggestions from kind people on trip adviser which has given us a huge list of things we want to do .. so we may have to plan a second trip ;-).. because we will have our young daughter we will take it easy so she will have time to rest and not be tired for our next flight.. so we are not doing as much as we want ....

but we are going to walk down by the harbour and have a singapore sling at raffles... we might head over to Sentosa.. the parks have also been suggested as good for the kids... my husband and I want to do some shopping... it has been told to us that the taxis are reasonably priced... we were thinking about the Marina Bay area as well... we will be there in less than a week so I can post updates if you like?

Mentioned in this post
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
10,819 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi, Belsunshine, please share your experience after your trip! I hope you have a nice trip!

Will u go to the zoo? Does it require advance booking or can just walk in?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: So excited . it is getting close.first trip for 14 month old

Hi, we are going to the zoo jungle breakfast and the zoo suggested to make a reservation ....

Here is the info:

www.zoo.com.sg/l2_t2.aspx?l1=2&l2=21&langid=1

we will let you know all about our trip :-)