We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

I bought the ticket and the payment has gone through. On the day itself, I got deny to go on the flight due to the reason of "my payment was not gone through". After about 20 min, someone called back and inform me to go for check in but it was too late. They gave me the flight to go back Singapore on the next day-24 hours later. It wasn't a good solution at all. I paid expensive taxi fare to go back home. I paid 4 times more expensive fare on other airline to back on the night itself. It was a nightmare. I called them to cancel the flight on next day and refund me. I loggged in many complaints since Oct. The only time I got the call from them was beginning of Mac. The answer that they gave me was" sorry, no refund, because you were the one who called to change the flight." Paid, got deny to go onboard due to an invalid reason and yet no refund, this is a joke to me.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

You have probably missed a step somewhere in your booking. I have booked countless of tickets online from airline tickets to train tickets to theatre tickets over the last 10-yrs. Never had a problem if you followed the steps accordingly.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

They called to my handphone from Kuala Lumpur main office and apologize saying it's their fault, the payment has gone through and ask me to pass the phone to someone at the check in counter. I couldn't get on the flight due to their careless,by the time they realized, it was too late to get me to the flight. If i miss any step in the booking, I guess my credit card wouldn't get charged at the first place.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

Did you get an email confirming your flight? If so, you should have printed out your itinerary. If you didn't, you should have called Jetstar to make sure the flight's been booked. If you had done either of the above, you wouldn't have been placed in this situation.

I fly constantly with Jetstar KUL/SIN, only ever once had an issue when they rescheduled my morning flight to the afternoon.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

Yes, I think the most important document that you need for your flight would be the printout of your confirmed booking itinerary which the airline would send to your email. There is a confirmed reservation code on the top-left of the booking.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
724 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

Hi, I agree with Kevin and Jules, did you print out your flight itinerary? Thats the first most important document if you are flying with budget airline..;)

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

U guys are right. I should bring the itinerary. The worst thing was they never send me any itinerary on that trip. On top of that, I called to the credit card company on the day I booked the flight and they said the bill is charged. It was my part to call and bug them to send me one. But, they called me and apologize asking me to proceed for check in, isn't it a obvious situation that they were wrong.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

I booked 2 tickets on 10 mar to fly back to Singapore from Bangkok on 2 April. Got an email from Jetstar saying flight was cancelled and asked me to confirm my acceptance of their rescheduling my flight to 4 April. I found another flight and asked them for refund, they say no. Total ripped off. Any suggestions as to what I should do.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,586 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

<<I found another flight and asked them for refund, they say no. Total ripped off. Any suggestions as to what I should do.>>

1/ if your travel arrangements allow 2 days delay in BKK, accept the offer and fly on April 4. You`ll have no refund anyway.

2/ If your new flight is less costlier than two days delay in BKK, forget about refund - buy a new ticket - fly to SIN on April 2.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

There is no refund case for Budget Airlines, you should know that by now.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worst experience ever with Jetstar Airways

If you do not accept the new flight scheduling, you can opt to have the equivalent amount in travel vouchers for offset against your future booking with them, valid up to 2-yrs.