We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
518 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Hi, I'm going to be getting the MRT from Changi Airport to Clarke Quay and then want to take a taxi to the Novotel. Are taxi's widely available here and does anyone know if you have to have exact change for MRT tickets?

Thanks, Helen

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Yes Taxis are available, there is a taxi rank at the neighbouring Central mall.

Ticket machines give change

There is an Airport-Hotel shuttle bus for $9 which would be a lot easier than what your proposing and would only cost $3-$4 more.

new zealand
Level Contributor
121 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Good advice there for you HSE, the mrt is on a different line so you have to do a couple of changes to get to clarke quay & then it would only be a very short taxi ride (across a bridge turn left & approx 300 mtrs) to the novatel. much easier to take a taxi/ shuttle bus from airport to your accom in my opinion.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Why don't take taxi all the way to Novotel? Any reason behind it? Novotel basically in the heart of Clarke Quay. I don't think so the taxi will take you there from Clarke Quay MRT as it just to near. You should check out Novotel Map first.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

It is only a 4-5 minute walk across the river from the MRT to the Novotel.

Basically, out of the MRT station, along behing the Merchant Court Hotel, across the Read bridge and left down along the river and you are entrance to the Novotel.

A taxi will only cost you $20-$25.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Hi - we stayed at Merchant Court just across the river from Novotel - taxi from airport in peak time cost $21, to airport cost $18 - non peak. Very easy walk from MRT - if you take that you wont need a taxi. Its a great area to stay in - have a great time

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
518 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Thanks all, I think after a 12 hour flight and with 2 large cases we may just take a taxi from the airport if it is around $20 ish. Seems easier and more direct. Perhaps we will figure out the MRT for the return journey.

Thanks, Helen

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Ahh... as the 'I' has become a 'we', then the taxi is a better option than the Hotel Shuttle (only really makes financial sense for lone travellers).

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
518 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

Taxi it is, I have been persuaded! Thank you again!

9. Re: Clarke Quay MRT Station - taxi's available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 22:18