We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

Cairns
Level Contributor
112 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

I will be travelling to Bangkok in September via Singapore. I arrive at 9.20pm and leave for Bangkok at 7.15am next morning. I was planning on staying in the transit hotel in Terminal 1, however I have been told that I need to pick up my luggage in Singapore as Jetstar do not onforward. It appears that I need to go through immigration to collect my luggage. Can someone enlighten me on what happens, as at present I am a bit fuddled.

Cheers

:-)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

If as you say, you dont have a through ticket and are travelling on 2 different tickets then no your bags wont be but transfered and you will need to check in at the Jetstar desk in the morning before your flight.

Hence if you want to stay at the Transit hotel, you will only be able to go through immigration and collect your bags (from the 'Lost & Found' counter next to the luggage belt) in the morning.

Cairns
Level Contributor
112 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

will they be safe that way? I really didnt want the hassle of going outside the airport.

Cairns
Level Contributor
112 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

Or can I go out get our bags put them into a locker, go back into transit, come out in the morning and book back in?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

The Transit Hotel is in the airside of the airport. They will not allow you back in as you would not have the Boarding Pass for your next flight. And you can only get your Boarding Pass when the check-in counter opens 2-hrs before your JetStar flight departure which is 5am.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

Yes they will be safe (more like to be lost and go astray on journey over to Singapore).

No, you need a boarding pass to get back into the airport airside, and if you're on 2 separate tickets you wont be able to get your boarding pass till the check in desk open in the morning.

Cairns
Level Contributor
112 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

Mankster thanks for the information, I think it makes sense to stay in transit overnight and collect baggage next morning. Less hassle the joys of cheap air travel.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

can u check-in online and get boarding pass for ur jetstar flight? that way u can still get access to the transit halll?

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

Hello Mollymoo

I will be in a similar situation soon. Please tell me how you went about it

Although guynh had a good point, you could get your boarding passes on line 48 hours beforehand, so you would have your boarding passes available to go out, collect your baggage and take them to the transit hotel?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

The Transit hotel is airside so you cant take any suitcase to be checked in airside. Normally you will need boarding pass printed out at home to be endorsed at the airline desk before you can go through passport control.

10. Re: Singapore Airport/ Jetstar/ Airport hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 06:18