We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to singapore

jaisalmer
11 posts
Save Topic
trip to singapore

i'm interested to enjoy holidays with family for one week from june 12th to 18th for exclusive singapore only. not interested for malaysia. whcih is the best economic pakage available from agents. i'm trying thomas cook, dpaul etc

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to singapore

How about from Cox and Kings? I could be mistaken but I don't think TC has any group tours to SE Asia.

Edited: 10 May 2011, 17:41
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to singapore

I would suggest you travel on your own without a tour. I find that more relaxing than the rushed up version of tours. Plus you get to follow your own itinerary and spend some leisure time than behave like a clock. Just my opinion. I am travelling to Singapore roughly the same and it doesn't take much time or effort to get things together.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to singapore

Singapore is a compact country/city to explore. You can just take it by your own, check out Singapore Tourism Official website. Transportation in Singapore is very efficient and well connected too.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to singapore

I must agree. Just do some research on what attractions you'd be interested in then make your own itinerary. Singapore is one of the easiest places to move in, transportation is very efficient and convenient. If it's not too hot, I prefer to walk and take in all the sights.

National Capital...
Level Contributor
84 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to singapore

Completely agree with rishi.Design your own package.For hotels,I would suggest you to consider little india area.Area is not hot-shot but you would get indian food very easily there.I would recommend booking park royal on kitchner road.Location is best-Adjoining MRT,mustafa centre for shopping and currency conversion is just hands apart,lots of Indian food outlets-chillas,big bite,sagar ratna.Book this hotel on expedia/booking.com for best deals.

I dont know about your budget,if u find rates in excess of your budget,consider aqueen hotel lavender,just 2 bus stops away from park royal.Rooms are amazing,very neat and clean-a complete value 4 money.

Spend one day in universal studios.Just go at the ticketing counter and dont forget to bring your MASTERCARD with you.USS is offering 20% discount on MASTERCARD.

Spend another day in sentosa...same procedure,but no discount this time.

One day in ZOO for sure.

Dont bother to take duck tours.In my openion,its just waste of money.I recommend going to top of marina bay sands instead of singapore eye.I hate waiting in ques.

spend one day for shopping at orchard road/bugis/mustafa.

Rest see clark quey,china town etc

Dont waste your money in taxis,just follow MRT,its cheap and easy.Dhobi gaut MRT is close to little india by MRT/BUS.You can go anywhere form dhobi gaut.

hope this helps

manish

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to singapore

can anyone help us out with the budget we have to spend for transporation and individual visit in places like universal studio,marina bay sands ,sentosa island and night safari and singapore flyer if we opt for our own planning(not by tour packages)....thank you

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,302 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to singapore

''can anyone help us out with the budget''

If you allow $100sg a day per person that should cover almost everything you need (not accommodation), allowing for days when you spend much less then other days.

$20 p.p.p.d. should cover food/soft drinks costs, (at Hawkers/Food-courts), booze is NOT cheap a small beer at a Hawker Centre-7/11 cost about $4.00. Wine/spirits you can forget if you're on a ''budget''.

Transportation $10 p.p.p.d. should be more than enough.

As suggested by ''Mankster'' entrance fees are on the individual webs.

Good luck.Alan.

8. Re: trip to singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:17