We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

Hi, Looking at a 4 nt stay over Xmas.

have stayed several times in a Fairmont Deluxe room - just wondering if anyone rates the Marina Mandarin, as might be a nice change?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

Xmas, try one of those along Orchard or Scotts Road instead. Great xmas lightup. One of the best in the world.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

I wouldn't say the Christmas light up is the best in the world by any stretch but its quite nice normally.

I think the Fairmount (South Tower) is better than the Marina Mandarin and beter located. If it the North Tower rooms your going to book than they are pretty close.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

I didn't say its the best, but one of the best. Its listed among the top ten by Frommers.

relax.com.sg/relax/news/510696/One_of_10_bes…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

Thanks folks - I'll be staying at RP on Scotts late Oct this year - so wanted to stay somewhere other than orchard Rd.

I always have stayed South Tower (deluxe room) at fairmont -was just wondering whether or not to try the Marina Mandarin for a change

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

The Marina Mandarin has a totally different feel about it as it is an atrium style, more casual and friendly. The Fairmont is a little more sterile but very upmarket.

We stayed in club rooms at both of them and enjoyed the facilities at the Marina Mandarin much more but the room was a lot nicer at the Fairmont, well laid out, more luxurious and much larger.

6. Re: Marina Mandarin Or Fairmont?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 08:17