We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary suggestions

KOLKATA
Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary suggestions

WE are (2adlt+2cld(8,9yrs) planning to go singapore for 4nts staying at Strand Hotel ,25 Bencoolen Street

We have made an itinerary kindly suggest some changes

Day 1:Reaching Singapore at around 3 pm and after checkin we go to flyer and in the evening do the nightsafari.

(Kindly suggest tranpotation option)

Day 2:early morning to the sentosa island fullday.

(Lots of activity,which one we should do,since every activity has entry charge)

Day3:Universal studio

(Which activity do you suggest)

Day 4: to the Jurong bird park

Day 5:singapore Zoo and lastly in the evening to the airport .

We need some transpotation suggestions.

Further we know that night safari and zoo are nearby but confused that should we do same day or not ,we dont want to be too hectic.

We also want do some boat tour and go to Helix bridge

and also some shopping in little india, buggis any other suggestions

Kindly suggest which day we can add this extras.

Any other sight seeing you suggest

Kindly suggest

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary suggestions

Day 1: Singapore Flyer, Night Safari

From your hotel, walk over to Douby Ghaut MRT and board the circle line train to Promenade Station (CC4) . Take Exit A and you can follow the sign to the Singapore Flyer. From Flyer, it's advisable to take a taxi down to the Night Safari.

Day 2: Sentosa Island

Walk over to Douby Ghaut MRT, take the North East Line and alight at Harbour Front Station. Go to Level 3 of Vivo Shopping center to take the Sentosa Express to Sentosa.

You can check out the play pass by Sentosa if you want to cover most of the attraction.

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Day3 :Universal studio, Boat Tour

Book your tickets online to avoid disappointment due to sold out tickets.

rwsentosa.com/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSi…

Day 4: Jurong bird park, Little India and Bugis.

Take a taxi will be the best choice to Bird Park. From there you can take a taxi to little India and bugis. Heading back from there can be by MRT.

Day 5: Singapore Zoo and lastly in the evening to the airport .

Take a taxi will be the best choice.

Desmond

http://eatshopplaysleep.blogspot.com

Edited: 21 August 2011, 06:30
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary suggestions

At first place, have you browsing through Singapore Tourism Official website? It will give you plenty of idea and it's simple since Singapore just a tiny island to explore for visitor.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary suggestions

1. In general, I agree with the transportation options suggested in reply #1. In general, taxi is not all that expensive in Singapore and the use of taxi can save considerable time, especially if you need to change public transport for reaching a place.

2. Zoo & Night Safari are just besides each other but doing both on the same day will be very hectic and tiring. The zoo covers a big area and you will have to see most of it on foot. Doing that on a typical warm and humid Singapore day can drain a lot of energy and I am sure you would not like to walk into the Night Safari already exhausted.

There are a few good extras that you can consider -

1. If you are interested in science, the Singapore Science Centre at Jurong is well worth a visit. You can easily spend 3 or 4 hours there.

2. Botanic garden and the National Orchid Garden (located within the botanic gardens) is also worth a visit.

Based on your itinerary, it is difficult to fit in many extras. If you wish to see any of these, you may consider dropping either the zoo or the night safari.

Shopping - Mustafa centre is open 24 hours a day. If you don't want shopping to eat into your sightseeing time, you can go for shopping after dinner or early in the morning before you embark on the day's sightseeing.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary suggestions

You are in Singapoore for 4 nights and from the list planning to do all three major wildlife parks - plus two days on Sentosa in one form or another. I have those parks on my 'must see' list each time I visit Singapore but I also include enough time in the visit to see them and other things. Two full days and one evening taken out with those attractions does block a lot of other options. I would consider cutting back to only two of the parks.

Bird Park and Night Safari for novelty and variety combined with making the most available time would be my recommendation. If you don't like birds or particularly want to see lots of animals then zoo and night safari is a second choice, but do not do the night safari on the same day as the other park - its too much.

Now Sentosa - I think thebest way to decide what to do there is delve into the Sentosa website at www.sentosa.com.sg - there they list entrance costs as well as descriptions - so you can plan your trip and either budget for what you want to visit or guide selection based on a budget limit. They also usually list a promotional package that gives cheap access to a set of items - the prcise nature of the promotion can vary over time but the cirrent one is the Play Pass, listed here

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

That page also updates with time specific deals that might match your travel, so keep an eye on it.

To give you an idea, for a typical day I usually visit Images of Singapore, Fort Siloso, usually Underwater World (Im not a fan of the new dolphin arena and since the price include the cost of that it is quite pricey these days), also I will usually walk the Nature Trail, the Gardens and the Merlion Walk. On a good day I'll also visit the Butterfly Park and the Merlion.

OK where to squeeze in other things - the early evening is a good time to do a few things, mostly food options and if you decide to do any mall shopping. Orchard Road is alive for food and shopping at the end of the day and its easier to walk there once the sun drops. You may have time at the end of the day at Universal to go somewhere else (book in advance for Universal by the way, tickets sell out rapidly). If you do finish mid afternoon then you could visit a museum - the Peranakan Museum is a good small one that will get you an insight on one aspect of Singapoorean culture, as is the Chinatown Heritage Centre on Pagoda Road. If you have a few hours then the National Museum becomes an option.

Now if you decide to drop one park you will have a day to do other things, and the list is quite long - you have the Botanic Gardens, the Science Centre, the museums (several), walking round the city centre - in fact pretty much anything you care to try in Singapore becomes viable. Especially if it is the last day and you plan your luggage well (leave the main cases and most hand luggage at the hotel after checkout, just take one daybag) so that you can easily move around the city.

KOLKATA
Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary suggestions

Thanks for the response

We like to know about any boat tour or ride

From where to take ,which one ,duration and cost

As per my itinerary do you suggest any passes which can make my trip economical

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary suggestions

Youo are pushed for time so the Bumboat tour is probably the easiest - go down to the river and there are a number of stops up and down the river and the boats go in a circular route - Singapore River Cruise and Hippo both do boats on the circuit. Takes 30-45mins depending upon the route you purchase and is rather a nice ride as the sun goes down 7-7.30 or so.

Other similar things are the Duck ride from Suntec - thats an amphibious truck that takes you on a city tour and into the river. Then there is the Imperial Dragon Boat cruises that do harbour tours - longer duration but can include High Tea or Food if you want it to.

For Passes - the Parkhopper ticket lowers the cost of visiting multiple wildelife parks, even for two parks its worthwhile. The Sentosa option I've mentioned. If you fly SIngapoore Airlines your boarding passes may give some discount - look for the 'Boarding Pass Privileges' program on the SIA site. Oh, and there are some combined tickets for museums if you do more than one.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 11:26
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary suggestions

I think you can condense sentosa and universal studios at least into 1.5 days. You must go up to marina sands bay and see the amazing views of singapore from there!

8. Re: itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 06:15