We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sembawang Hills

uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Sembawang Hills

Is it fairly easy to travel on public transport to the Sembawang hills area of Singapore I lived here as a child and I have seen that my old house is still standingwhan looking on Google earth so would love to go and walk along the road where I used to live.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sembawang Hills

Yes. Fairly easy. Here's how :

1) Using www.streetdirectory.com print out a map that includes these roads... Upper Thomson Road, Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, and Ang Mo Kio Ave 3.

2) When you are in town, use the MRT subway to get to Ang Mo Kio stn.

3) Cross over to the bus stn across the road at AMK Hub Mall using the underpass.

4) At the bus stn on ground level, look for the bus svc number 169.

5) From the starting point (take this as #1 stop) at this stn, start to count the number of bus stops. After the 7th, begin to get ready to alight.

6) From #1 to #7, the bus will traverse along AMK Ave 3 and AMK Ave 1. After the 7th stop, the bus will make a right turn to Upper Thomson Road. After the right turn you would start to notice petrol stations on your left. This is where you alight for Sembawang Hills Estate.

Also check out : www.smrtbuses.com.sg/ebusguide/busguide.asp

Select svc 169 and print the route from Ang Mo Kio Interchange.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sembawang Hills

The the gothere.sg site is pretty good faor planning bus and train journies. Showes you a map where you have to alight too.

3. Re: Sembawang Hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:19