We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over night stay

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Over night stay

Hi,

I have checked the forum and found them informative, however I need some advice on these please:

Arriving on Sat 5pm into Budget terminal & leaving 3am via Delta. Plan to stay in Geylang area or any budget hotels nearest to airport.

-How much is the Taxi to and fro to airport (leaving hotel 3am)

-What's the average rate for hotel arranging for airport transfers

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over night stay

Please check and hopefully someone else can clarify on Delta Airlines' check-in policy. If Delta allows you to check-in more than 2 hours before your flight, then I don't think it would be wise to leave the airport area considering that there are many, many wonderful things you can do in Changi Airport and your layover is under 12 hours.

After arriving I would proceed to Terminal 1 and check-in at Delta Airlines counter and once you're in the transit lounge there are loads of things to try out. There's free Wifi, free movie screenings, cable TV shows, free foot massage stations, peaceful rest areas, cactus, koi and butterfly gardens, take a swim, or have a shower.

Besides, I don't think you would want to be in the Geylang area walking about in the early hours of the morning.

Edited: 23 September 2011, 09:14
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,791 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over night stay

1/ clarify with DELTA if they allow check-in earlier than 2 hours prior to departure. IF YES you can enjoy transit facilities of Changi. Airport hotel included (airside in all three major terminals). It would be the most budget option of all possible in SIN, as you have not to forget that to the daily rate in the city hotel you have to pay for taxi 2 times= apx.44 SGD ( plus midnight surcharge).

2/ If NOT, stay in Changi Village hotel. They provide free shuttle to/ from airport.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Over night stay

As others have mentioned, it would be advisable (and economical as well) to stay at the transit hotel at Changi airport if Delta allows early check-in.

FYI, transit hotel rates are S$ 68 per 6 hrs and extn per addl hour -S$15.30 for standard room and S$ 41 for budget room (for 6 hrs) and extn per addl hour S$ 15.30.

A budget hotel in Singapore plus taxi fare to and from airport would be more expensive than 6 or 7 hours at the transit hotel. Besides, there are no budget hotels close to the airport.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Over night stay

Delta has confirmed that counters open 2-3 hrs prior departure and we really need to rest before the next flight. And I understand we cant use the transit lounges, so still being hopeful in getting a budget hotel for about 10hours rest.

All your feedback were very informative.

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Over night stay

That's a bummer. Maybe you can consider Hotel 81 Classic at 12 Joo Chiat Road. It is under 20 minutes from the airport and taxi will cost you around S$15 from airport to hotel and S$20 from hotel to airport for 3 am trip. The hotel is located in a better neighbourhood than the other Hotel 81 outlets in Geylang. You should be able to book a room online for less than S$100.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Over night stay

Awesome! Now I can focus on the hotel & book them.

Thanks again for this info.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Over night stay

Hi scool,

I'm in the same situation, taking a 7:25 am flight on United.

Did the baggage check thru with SQ at KUL work out for you?

Thanks

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
337 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Over night stay

Last year I stayed at Hotel 81 Classic, and one of the replies suggested this hotel. The taxi fare from T2 was SGD14 including airport surcharge.

I was in a similar situation as you - except I was catching the United flight at 8 am. Where we were staying we didn't even need the hotel to help arrange a taxi transfer - even at 5 am there were quite a number of taxis passing that area (on Geylang Rd - some will enter Joo Chiat Rd). The taxi fare was SGD16.50 including midnight surcharge.

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
337 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Over night stay

To answer DhKhan's question: I flew Kota Kinabalu to Singapore and then caught the next morning's flight on United to Tokyo/Honolulu.

At Kota Kinabalu Silkair was able to check my baggage all the way to Honolulu and even issued my boarding passes for the United flights - granted, it was a United ticket with BKI-SIN "interlined" on Silkair.

So since SQ and UA are in the same alliance I think it's virtually certain you can check your baggage through.

10. Re: Over night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:17