We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

Philippines
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

Hello.

I am following TA for days now and I am still not confident about our trip in Singapore. My boyfriend and I will be in SG in January 25 - 28 2012 for the first time and we even don't know where to go or what will be our itinerary. I do have plans but I don't know if it is enough.

Day 1 - arrival at the airport by 1030am - hotel transfer - rest at the hotel - (afternoon to evening) Singapore Zoo and Night Safari - dinner (don't know where to eat) - hotel

Day 2 - breakfast - (8:30 am) city tour (provided by our hotel package) - lunch - Sentosa island (underwater things) - dinner (still don't know where to it) - hotel

Day 3 - breakfast - USS - lunch - Snow City - dinner

Day 4 - breakfast - free time (shopping in Orchard) - hotel - airport

QUESTIONS:

1. do we really need to spend 1 whole day in USS?

2. Any suggestions for a cheap/ tight budget dinner?

3. Aside from Orchard road, do they have any other places for shopping, lesser cost, of course.

4. Can we just ride the MRT/bus for all the places that we will visit? Taxi can be so expensive.

5. our pocket money is a nearly SGD 600. Is it enough for the places that we will visit including meals and shopping?

Thank you for responding. This will surely help us.

Philippines
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

thank you so much for all the suggestions..

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

I am one (of several members here) who will not advocate doing the Zoo and the Night Safari on the same day. Yes, you save on the transport costs once (ie. taxi fare of about S$30) but it would not be doing justice to these 2 world-class attractions.

The Zoo needs at least 6 hours to fully experience its many shows, feeding times, and just to walk leisurely from one animal enclosure to the next (and there are many enclosures !!). And often you will want to linger at an enclosure to admire the specific animal(s). Rushing from one enclosure to another is not ideal. And it is hot and humid in Singapore too.

At the end of 6 hours, you will be "zoo'ed out" and tired - and then you go to the Night Safari for another 4 hrs. That is 10 hours in all of animal spotting; I will be so jaded.

I would suggest that since you have only 4 days, you choose either the Zoo (my preference) or the Night Safari.

Please go for many other different experiences in Singapore. You will have a more enjoyable time.

armidale
Level Contributor
189 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

can you suggest any must sees or itinery for family of 4 , 2 adults, 2 kids (4) and (11) (no zoo please). We have no idea where to start and need to spent 3 full; days there?

14. Re: Itinerary for Singapore 4d/3n

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:24