We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
535 reviews
Save Topic
Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Hi

I would just like to say thanks for all the help I have got from this forum when planning my holiday to Singapore. Only 2 weeks until I land! I am staying at the Royal Plaza on Scotts. I was just wondering which food court you would recommend for the first evening. I will be pretty jet lagged so don't want to head too far.

Thanks

Lisa

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

I think just waddle across the road to Food Republic in Wisma Atria.

Great range and style and I think better than the food court in the dungeon of Ion Orchard.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

The Food court in the Nee Ann City Shopping center is also pretty good. I dont think you can go far from with any of the suggestions. The one in Ion is a little more dear.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Thanks for both your suggestions. Maybe try Wisma Atria first night. Plenty of time to try lots of places in my trip

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

I really like the Ion Orchard foodcourt in basement-4 (curiously). Another option, a little farther but the walk is nice, would be the foodcourt in the 5th floor - if I'm not mistaken - of 313 Somerset.

Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Some of the long queues we have spotted:

Wisma Foodcourt: Hokkien noodles, double-boiled soup, and grilled chicken wings

ION Orchard Foodcourt: Fish ball noodles, Indonesia grill, beef noodle

Hope you will enjoy the food here! :)

Edited: 28 November 2011, 00:27
Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

one vote for Ion food court - the red wine hor fun is fantastic!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
392 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

We always go to the Food Republic at Wisma Atria when in Singapore. Have stayed at RP on Scotts good location hotel and this is not a long walk to Wisma. Once you get to Food Republic there is a great dumpling place with a big variety and you can also watch them being made extremely fresh its one of our favorite places to go simple but perfect. Have a great trip.

Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
170 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

We stayed at Royal Plaza on Scotts Rd last Christmas. Newtown Hawkers Market is only a short taxi ride (around $5) and worth a visit. Its so cheap and so many things to choose from but the seafood is VERY expensive. There are so many food courts very close by as other T/A posts and McDonalds, Dome, KFC, Pizza just across the road. There are also several hotels really close with their restaurants. The Royal Plaza have an incredible breakfast, hope you have it included in your rate, if not, its worth having. We had breakfast each morning, just cold drinks during the day, and then a nice meal at night. The breakfast is so good and so much to choose from we didnt feel like lunch. Their buffet dinner is also very good but a bit expensive to eat there every night. Enjoy your stay at RP. The location is fantastic and so close to everything. You are right on Orchard Rd and the MRT is 2 minute walk and is very easy to use.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Thanks again everyone. The food is one of the things I am really looking forward to on my holiday. Think I will start off in Food Republic in Wisma Atria and get more adventurous once I have got over the long haul flight. I never visit McDonalds or KFC in the UK, so doubt I will in Singapore. A friend has advised me to go to Newton Market.

I haven't included breakfast, as I thought it was expensive. Is there a 7 eleven close by? Just fruit usually does me in the morning. Also I want to have room for lunch!

Good to know you think I have chosen a good place to stay. Loveagreat hotel..

Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best food court near Royal Plaza on Scotts

Yes there is a 7-11 just opposite at far east plaza. You can get a brunch of bananas like 6 to 7pcs for $2 at the supermarket at basement of Isetan scotts rd, just 5mins walk away. Loads of fruits there honey melon whole fruit for $5 etc etc. Have a fruit feast p. Enjoy.