We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Hi guys

I plan to visit Singapore in second half of March after 4-5 years. Last time we stayed at St Regis and Mandarin Oriental. We found St Regis quite a bit of walk away from action and MO to be in not so exciting area.

Now I shall be traveling with my parents, wife and 5 year old daughter. So would like to be in a area which is Buzzing and exciting and hotel which is walking distance to at least certain attractions.

Which hotel would you recommend.

P.S. MBS looks good but too impersonal and too big. And lots of people in reviews say things like "no porter" which scare me.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Considering that you're travelling with your parents and daughter, you might want to get a hotel that's closer to an MRT station. It seems that budget is not a problem because you stayed in St Regis before, so you can consider Marriott this time round.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Thanks for ur reply. so generally speaking you would advise me to stay at Orchard road and not MBS?that I thinks is the most important decision.

Budget wise I am fine with upto S$500 per night. But there are renovations going on at the Marriott and they there shall be noise till 30th April. But at similar price want four seasons be better?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

It's true that there's renovation work going on, but it shouldn't be a problem as you'll be out during the day. It will become a nuisance if you plan to stay in your room for afternoon nap though.

Four Seasons is a nice hotel too, but it does require a bit of walking. If your parents are still in good condition and are able to walk, you can consider that hotel. My mom has a bit of walking difficulty so we won't make her walk for too long.

MBS has its own plus points. It's one of the most talked about new hotel in Singapore, with people raving about its Sky Park and Infinite Pool. However, staying there means you're rather confined in terms of easy access to other parts of Singapore. The new MRT station (Bayfront MRT) does help, but it's not the main MRT line, so you'll have to transfer somewhere along the way.

If you're not a hotel guest, you can still visit the Sky Park for S$20.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

With god's grace thy are both active but How long a walk are we talking about? St Regis was uncomfortable. Is this a walk through air conditioned lobby or streets?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

It's halfway in between St Regis and Orchard MRT. There is no covered walkway. You'll have to walk along the street. The fastest way to get there is by crossing the road towards St Regis' direction. Walk through Wheelock Place, cross the small road, then cross the public car park. I'm afraid there is no easy way.

Please refer to the map for more details: streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

I think Four season would be a better choice for your parents. It not really that far from the MRT and Orchard Road. Closer than St Regis. You can walk through the Hilton Hotel to Orchard Road. Wheellock place is connected to the MRT under ground. Rooms are much more luxurious than MBS and the ambiance is more suitable for mature folk. The walk from MBS can be just as long depending on which tower you end up in.

If ultimate proximity to the MRT is more mportant then choose the Fairmont.

Edited: 20 February 2012, 07:27
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Best hotel is the Swissotel the Stamford .

We stop there twice a year in the executive club rooms , in line with your budget. Check the website for details

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Best hotel is the Swissotel the Stamford .

We stop there twice a year in the executive club rooms , in line with your budget. Check the website for det

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
179 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

Thanks guys so much for your replies.

I think if we stay at the OrchRd Road area then walk to the main road I.e shopping and restaurants etc is more important consideration and not so much the MRT.

The only reason I was considering MBS is because of the newness and the glam factor and integrated entertainment, shopping besides the hotel. But I gues no one seems to think it is good enough and real fun is being close to good old orchard road.

Correct me if I am wrong.

If not then I shall just stick with Four Seasons or may be Hilton as the location seems to be ideal.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four seasons Vs Marina bay sands

I would choose Marina Bay and City Hall over Orchard road every time, its only as you expressed a preferance for Orchard Road I suggested the Four Seasons.

The Fairmont is my favourite hotel and location to stay in Singapore.