We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenest and best park?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Greenest and best park?

Mount Faber Park, Macritchie Reservoir Park, Fort Canning Park, or Bukit Timah Reserve. I want to visit all of them, but I don't think it is necessary. Maybe I will do 1 or 2.

What is the best ones to spend an hour exploring?

Preferrably with the least monkeys and crocs.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenest and best park?

Fort Canning is closest to the city, so should be the easiest to get to given your short trip. Not as many crocodiles as the other places too, which is a bonus.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenest and best park?

Are these estaurine crocs dangerous on land? I know they could kill me if I dipped my feet in the reservoir/rivers, but do they land dwell too, even though the place is crawling with humans?

You would have thought the Government would have done something about them by now, especially the ones in the reservoirs.

Oh well, I guess Singaporeans don't care about them too much!

I don't really want to bump in to any though!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenest and best park?

I vote for Ft. Canning and have never seen crocs in Singapore.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenest and best park?

how about the new gardens by the bay? Thousands of people go for water activities in reserviors without incident. The crocs you'll encounter are the ones worn as ugly footwear.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenest and best park?

Botanic Gardens (B.G.) in SIN is a small nice park to explore if u dont have too much time but is in town.

Fort Canning is a nice park but not offering much different flora and fauna, mainly green pastures and historical/colonial structures. It is a hill that has a good vantage point but u wont find much shelter/shade like u do with B.G.

So depending on what u r looking for, there r other parks to consider.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenest and best park?

>how about the new gardens by the bay?<

I think hes coming in April, and the Gardens by the Bay wont be open by then,

>Are these estaurine crocs dangerous on land? I know they could kill me if I dipped my feet in the reservoir/rivers, but do they land dwell too, even though the place is crawling with humans<

I believe they are vegitarian.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenest and best park?

Bukit Timah, IMO is the greenest. There are plenty of monkeys at the base of the hill, but they do not trouble anyone unless they see food in your hands. However, I think you should have at least a couple of hours to spend there.

If one hour is all that you have got (I presume this is excluding the traveling time to and from the park), then I suggest you visit Mc Ritchie parl or Botanic gardens.

...and lastly, beware! Crocs can be seen in almost all big malls in Singapore!

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greenest and best park?

Crocs? most of the park up on the hill area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Greenest and best park?

n I thought crocodiles restricted near Geylang?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Greenest and best park?

Among those four, I would say Bukit Timah - although be warned that it's a very short stroll, the hill is paved, and crowded on weekends. I still enjoy walks there though.

Outside those choices, definitely Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve in Kranji - by far the least crowded and most authentic, in my opinion.