We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Mumbai
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Hi,

I would like to know if there are enough rides at sentosa and universal studio for 3.5 year old kid. Is it worth being there for two days. Am plaaning for a 5 to 6 day trip to singapore.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,966 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

1/ YES, USS has some merry-go-round rides suitable for smaller kids. The majority of A- list shows require at least 120 cm of height.

2/ In general you need one full day for USS and another full day for the *old* Sentosa.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

in one word ...NO ..a child of that age is nit going to be ab;e to understand what is happening ..you in my opinion are going on a holiday to suit mum and dad ..stay at home and wiat till the child is a few few older and can appreciate all of the experence ..if you have children there are things in this world that as parents you must give up

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

He'll need to be 102cm to go on some of the rides like Juracic park. but there are other rides that will take shorter children. I've taken my son when he was 3.5 to a theme pack outside London and he loved the rides. Hes 4 now and over 102cm and we will be taking him to USS. I am no fan to of rollercoasters so not going to miss not going on the popular big rides.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Your 3.5yo will understand and remember many things about this holiday, so I would ignore advice to the contrary. My 3.5yo loves travelling overseas and loves theme parks (he's being doing both since he was a baby).

Remember that little kids tire out when walking a lot, especially in the heat, so try not to cram too much into each day. You may find that he/she is just as happy spending a few hours in the hotel pool.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Hi DAS A, we took our 3.5 yo to Sentosa and he LOVED it! He loved the 4D Shrek, the Merry Go Rounds, the Safari train and went on one ride (not sure of name but in the Jurassic themed section) 4 times. Couldn't get him off! He was in awe of everything he saw, he enjoyed himself immensely and we loved watching his excitement.

There was plenty to see and do and the food outlets and facilitied were great.

We took our son last year and he still talks about the plane, the hotel and the rides.We are returning later this year and the kids are counting down the days.

Number 2 reviewer gave a similar assessment on the Kuala Lumpur forum. My question is: Do you Roostown speak from first hand experience? In which case that would make you a hypocrite! Or, have you never travelled with a young child, in which case that makes you unqualified to respond to this question. Your comment was judgemental and uncalled for.

Trust me DAS A, I do speak from experience and your child will love it!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

"you in my opinion are going on a holiday to suit mum and dad ..stay at home and wiat till the child is a few few older and can appreciate all of the experence ..if you have children there are things in this world that as parents you must give up"

What a narrow minded opinion? If you have children there are things in this world you must give up????????? I say get a life..and learn to spell too..

We have been travelling with our child since he was 18 months old and he's travelled to 12 countries. I think it totally depends on the child. We always did half day morning excursions in the younger years and spent the afternoons at the hotel pool. Our child is always well behaved on planes and we incorporate him into our holiday plans staying at more family friendly hotels and visiting places that will suit everyone.

I recently returned from Thailand on a plane trip and I had a 2 year old constantly kicking the back of my seat and the mother had no control. Now that's when the parents should stay at home with their kids. Some parents are irresponsible and I have seen it many times. But just because one child is unruly doesn't mean they all go in the same basket.

Why should we not travel just because we have a child? What a bizarre thing to say roostown.

Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Hi!

In general, kids will love USS / Sentosa! USS was made to cater to 3 generations - the grannies, adults and their children. So obviously there arent thrilling rides (except for the mummy ride and galactica) that are not for the elderly or kids. For the rest of the rides, your child will love many of them!

USS is positioned not as a rides park, but really a theme park - the decor alone will mesmerize you and your kids!

But make sure your kid is comfortably clothed. Singapore is hot and humid, and the queues for some attractions might test his/her patience on weekends. =)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Some people feel traveling with small children is pointless as they most likely will remember very little. But in my opinion, it is not all about their memories but about our memories as parents, remembering the look on their faces when.....

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,388 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

'Some people feel traveling with small children is pointless as they most likely will remember very little. But in my opinion, it is not all about their memories but about our memories as parents, remembering the look on their faces when....'

Spot on.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sentosa and Universal for 3.5 year old kid

Showing your age Roostown

We started travelling with our daughter at nine months and shes been to the UK, NZ, Japan twice and Sydney and we are about to head off again this time with her 10 month old brother as well.

My wife and i love to travel and just because we have had children doesnt mean we have to give it up, it just means we dont go out and party anymore but we still have a great time as a family.