We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underwater Activities near Singapore

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Underwater Activities near Singapore

hi,

I am from India and will be in singapore for a couple of weeks' training, so basically have weekends free. Wanted to know a decent place around Singapore where I can do activities like snorkelling, scuba (possibly) and other such under water activities. Suggestions are also welcome!! :)

Please advise.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underwater Activities near Singapore

If you will be in Singapore in the middle of the year, then you should head east - to the east coast of Penunsula Malaysia or East Malaysia (e.g. Sipadan) or Bali.

If you'lll be here at the year end, beginning of the year, then head to the West coast of Peninsula Malaysia and Thailand, the Andaman Sea. It really depends on when you'll be here.

You can even consider a trip up to the Philippines, but you need to see when you'll be there again.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underwater Activities near Singapore

Unfortunately, the seas around Singapore are not good (or worthwhile) for snorleling or scuba. There are diving sites off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia (eg. Tioman Islands, Pulau Rendang) or the East Malaysia and Philipines as jade_du mentioned above.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Underwater Activities near Singapore

thanks a lot. I am in Singapore from 20th Apr to 20th May. Weekends in between are what i will use for the trips. I was planning to go to Langkawi...heard quite good reviews of the place, given that i would get snorkeling options there..in addition to other activities.I might take a day off (friday or monday) and try to cover Langkawi, KL and Genting in a single visit.

Does that sound good?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Underwater Activities near Singapore

Sudeep, have a look at Tioman too. It's a lovely little emerald isle just off the East Coast of Malaysia, from Singapore, a few hours travel time away only. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, because it's got everything you could want in a quickie weekend getaway, including awesome snorkeling.

5. Re: Underwater Activities near Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:17