We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

Hello,

Can someone please tell me which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Airlines used for departure flights from SIA (Singapore international airport) to Chiang Mai. How about Cathay Pacific to Hongkong?

Thank you!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

SQ and MI normally fly from T2 to Chiang Mai and Cathay Pacific flies out of T1 only.

If you asking the question inrelation to how long it will take to make a transfer, then its immaterial really beacuse depending on the actual gates of your 2 flights, it can take 10 times as long to get from 1 gate in T2 to another in T2 than from a gate in T2 to one in T1. Some gates in T1 and T2 are just a 60 second walk apart.

Edited: 10 May 2012, 21:58
california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

Hi LON-SIN,

Thanks for your reply, and yes i want to know because of transfer. But i really meant to ask which terminal Silk Air or Singapore arrives from Chiang Mai (arrival time is 15:45), then have to catch a flight with Cathay Pacific at 18:30pm to fly to Hongkong. Will there be enough time be enough time?

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

When you book at their website normally they will CLEARLY put on it what terminal they will depart and arrive to. Silk air mostly Terminal 2, Singapore Airlines will be Terminal 2, or 3.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

>Singapore arrives from Chiang Mai (arrival time is 15:45), then have to catch a flight with Cathay Pacific at 18:30pm to fly to Hongkong. Will there be enough time be enough time?<

Yes thats plenty.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

2hrs 45mins is loads of time for a transfer. T2 to T1 is going to take about 30mins walking at a reasonable pace if you use the travelators and skytrain to go from furthest gate to furthest gate - it will take less if you shift faster. If you ended up going from two particular gates near the junction of T1 and T2 then you could do it in 5.

Assuming flights are on time you should have just over an hour in the terminals before the gate opens security and starts letting people into the holding area

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

Dear AndyNg,Mankster,Myrm,

Thank you all for your reply & comments. One final question, what is SilkAir reputation for their flights, do they usually fly on time/as scheduled? Based on your comments, i have enough time to make my transfer. But if Silk Air are known to frequently have flight delays, i will make a major change in our schedule; stay 2 nights in Singapore then catch our flight back to Los Angeles on Cathay Pacific.

I just worry missing our flight on Cathay, and end up having to incur extra charges for change of flight, plus having to fork out extra money for an overnight stay to catch next day flight. I wish there is an earlier departure flight from Chiang Mai to Singapore, but can't find one with Silk Air. Other airlines do, but double the price and/or flying time.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

I think SikAir is as punctual as any major scheduled airline. Ofcourse delays and cancellations can occur with any airline.

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

Thanks Manster! Have a great weekend.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

Silk Air is a subsidiary of Singapore Air - a full service airline, not a budget subsidiary, and is a good airline - you cannot guarantee anything as Mankster says but I would expect it to be on time

Melbourne
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which terminal does Silk Air or Singapore Air use?

SilkAir have generally have a good reputation for punctuality and service levels. You can keep track of traveller reviews of Silk at

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/silk_air.htm

Edited: 16 May 2012, 12:04