We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

Florida
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

I'm assuming that Singapore flight New York/Singapore/Bangkok will automatically transfer my bags in Singapore to the Bangkok flight on Singapore. One never knows these days as things change day to day.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

Yes, bags will be transfered as long as they are tagged accordingly to JFK or EWR when you check-in for your flight in BKK. You will also be getting 2 sets of Boarding Passes, (1) for BKK-SIN; and (2) for SIN-JFK or SIN-EWR depending on which flight you are on.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

Sorry... should read :

Yes, bags will be transfered as long as they are tagged accordingly to BKK when you check-in for your flight at JFK or EWR. You will also be getting 2 sets of Boarding Passes, (1) for JFK-SIN for SQ25 or EWR-SIN for SQ21 depending on which flight you are on; and (2) for SIN-BKK.

Florida
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

Thanks. That puts my mind at ease. I'm looking forward to seeing what a super modern and efficient airport looks like as I will be in transit there for about 4 hours.

Florida
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

In addition, you might know this. Since we are staying in Thailand for about 2 1/2 months, we are probably going to make a trip to Singapore for a few days and then return to Thailand. How difficult a process is it to obtain a Tourist Visa (60 days) from the Thai Consulate in Singapore. I will originally obtain a 30 day right to stay visa when I arrive at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok. But need to get a 60 day tourist, out of country, so that I don't have to go out again before I return to JFK.

The Thai Consulate in Vientiane is somewhat of a nightmare for processing visas. At least it was the last time I was there. Hopefully, in Singapore it will be a little more civil.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

Not familiar with visa application at Thai Embassy in Singapore, you can read more about the requirement here ---> www.thaiembassy.sg/consular-visa-matters

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

having an american passport, u dont have to apply for a visa if u r in town for business or leisure (less than 90 days). Every trip out of the country, u will come back with another 90 days from the date of entry into the country.

7. Re: Singapore Airlines New York to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:40