We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi Ambassador Hotel

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
724 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Changi Ambassador Hotel

I've only stayed in T3 and never had wifi or a window in my room, but I'm reading (and seeing pics) that some people do. This time I'm arriving T3 and departing T2 with plenty of time to spare, so which is better? And do I WANT to request a window or would it be really loud?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi Ambassador Hotel

I doubt a window will make much difference to noise. The findows don't open and a lot of the terminal is glass walled.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,586 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi Ambassador Hotel

The windows are ONLY in Amb. hotel Ter.3, and they are not real ones to the *open world*. they look inside terminal/ departure gates and runways behind.

You may request a room with window, but as usual it`s subject of availability and can not be guaranteed.

No noise issue in the window rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
488 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi Ambassador Hotel

we've stayed at the airport hotels a few times so far. we had a room at Term 3 room and it had a window that if we looked down we saw all the golf carts parked for the night/getting charged inside the terminal and outside was a view of planes parked at the gates.

found terminal 3 hotel noiser from the PA announcements and found terminal 2 the quitest

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi Ambassador Hotel

I stayed in the Term 3 with a window view of the terminal and runway. It was strange to look down at all the activity below and watch the planes coming and going.

I honestly cannot remember hearing any noise. In fact if I had reviewed this hotel I would have almost described my experience as sound proof. I don't remember hearing any annoncements or doors opening or shutting. I an a notorious light sleeper in my family in regards to noise, Maybe I was lucky in the room I was given.

5. Re: Changi Ambassador Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:41