We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar asia

England
Level Contributor
462 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar asia

Has anyone experiences with jet star asia airlines. Thinking of booking a trip from singapore to bangkok or siem reap withn them ?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar asia

Hi kph100! Just flew with Jetstar last weekend from Manila-Singapore, then Singapore-Hong Kong. You can check out my post in the forum:

tripadvisor.com/…3290766

East Sussex, England
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar asia

We used them in March to fly between Hong Kong and Singapore, and Singapore and Bangkok. We were impressed with them and would definitely fly with them again.

The flight from Hong Kong left slightly late, but no later than flights from the UK leave.

Singapore
Level Contributor
188 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar asia

One more thing to add to impulse's informative review:

Check in early and snag the emergency exit seats at row 12 or 13, they make flying budget a world of difference. There usually isn't a mad rush for them, because we're asian and you know what i mean, so its a blessing that there's no extra charge for them!

Funny that Asians generally prefer window seats, even in budget A320s!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar asia

Sorry to hijack your thread. But I thought someone here might be able to help me out.

I'm interested in flying Jetstar Asia on my trip. Just wondering what the name of the airport is that it arrives to in Hong Kong from Singapore.

Thanks,

Anthony.

East Sussex, England
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar asia

Re the previous thread, it arrives at Chek Lap Kok airport in Hong Kong.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar asia

Hi again Athlon,

No worries about hijacking. We do that all the time here! It's what makes a discussion interesting and stimulating.

Rabbit's right about arriving into HK's Chep Lap Kok airport - in fact they just call it the Hong Kong International Airport. If I remember correctly, Jetstar flights usually arrive at Hall A of the massive airport.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
597 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar asia

just an additional note: jetstar asia has a assigned seat policy.

only on tiger airways is it a free seating policy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar asia

Thanks again for your help.

I hate to be a pain again. It's just i'm really thinking of going to Hong Kong as a side trip when visiting Singapore.

The reason is, is that I don't have any maps of Hong Kong and I really need to research it before making this decision.

If possible does anyone have a map of where the airport is, so I know which areas are where so I am able to book a hotel. Also if possible, maybe some tips on which areas are good that arn't too far from the airport.

I really shouldn't be putting this in the Singapore forum (i know :( ). But you guys seem to know alot about it already.

Thanks so much!

Anthony.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar asia

Hi Anthony

This is the Link to Hong Kong Tourism website:

http://discoverhongkong.com/eng/index.jsp

This is the link to map of Hong Kong (Kowloon, Hong kong island & Central hong Kong)

frommers.com/destinations/…78_maps.html

This one rather new Hotel that is mins from Mong Kok MTR and It is connected to a rather impressive Mall.

langhamhotels.com/langhamplace/…index.html

This 2 Link can help u check rates & review for Hotels in Hong kong.

www.asiarooms.com/hong_kong/hong_kong.html

www.asiabesthotel.com

For general information:

Hotel on Kowloon side, for shopping & sightseeing. Else, Hotel on Hong Kong island is also nice, especially this (ww.jiahongkong.com). Hong Kong like Singapore, major shopping & downtown area are well connected by MTR Train station. U can even take the MTR airport express right to downtown Hong Kong.

Check below link for some great package to Hong Kong:

www.jetstarasia.com

www.airfares.com.sg

Hope this helps.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar asia

Hi Athlon,

Re: www.airfares.com.sg

It's a good-enough link to compare and check out available prices and packages. However coming from the airline industry myself, I'd strongly suggest that you refrain dealing with the agency in question. In the past, we've had numerous complaints and problems with the agency from people who have dealt with them through the internet.

Not deliberately trying to shed bad light on the agency here - rather as a "Local Expert", I feel obliged to inform and am genuinely more concerned about potential problems you may meet with this agent from past experiences.