We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

maidenhead
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Am accompanying Husband on business trip w/e of F1, (only just found out about F1). We not interested in F1.

So where to stay away from F1 please?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,969 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Stay outside the marina and city hall areas if you want to keep away from the noise, avoid Clark Quay if if you to avoid late night revellers by the bucket load. So that leaves Orchard Road hotels if you want a prime area.

If the F1 doesn't interest you may the off track entertainment will

www.singaporegp.sg/media/entertainment.php

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Not difficult as long as you have budget.

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Are you restricted to a budget? The hotel prices shoots up during the F1 weekend, ("helped" by special events tax imposed by the Government.)

I suggest start looking into Marriott on Orchard Road/Scotts Road, Park Royal on Orchard, Mandarin Meritus, also on Orchard. On Scotts Road you will find the Grand Hyatt and St. Regis hotels. All of them close to Orchard MRT and Somerset MRT stations.

There is also the Shangri La Hotel, set in its lovely large ground, but still close enough (taxi or shuttle bus) to Orchard Road.

There are also lots of smaller hotels, like Gallery Hotel and Studio M at Robertson Quay, which a is popular area by the river with lots of nice restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Hope this helps, and anything else, please ask ;)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,221 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

budget / room/ night??????? Please state one..............

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

On top of above comments - Suggest you book quickly, hotels in town can get fully booked by Aug for the F1 peak season.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

hi you may consider Bugis a lively area at walking distance of Arab street and Little India. There is the Intercontinental hotel if it is within your budget. Ibis Bencoolen is a godd option for those who are on budget. Not far away there is the RendezVous hotel.

If you are into shopping then you may follow Mankster's advice: you will find Orchard road a great area to stay.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

What's the point in making any suggestions without knowing what budget the lady is working with ?

She might only have $100sg a night to play with, so any suggestions thus far are worthless. Alan

Port St Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

The lady says she is accompanying her husband on a business trip, and she does not mention any price range, only that they want to be away from the f1 action.

I assumed him being on business may be on a higher budget but if you read my reply I asked if there was any budget to consider. I also did include some midrange hotels to consider.

Hopefully the original poster will respond soon and we can all be more specific, 1000 dollars or 100 dollars per night.

Thank you.

maidenhead
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Hi all, Sorry I haven't responded.

No not really restricted by budget, company will be paying for 3 nights, us for 2. Staying 20th to 25th Sept. Had already looked on the F1 website to see the route, and had put Orchard road on list, also Shangri La. Travel co. had suggested Pan pacific on Orchard rd but that has renovations going on at mo.

We are not restricted to location either as Husband will use base for meetings.

Just disappointed that I've already paid for nonrefundable flight before we realised, so want to make the most of weekend.

Thanks for all your comments so far.

maidenhead
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: F1 weekend by accident - where to stay

Mankster - don't I need to buy a F1 ticket to access the entertainment, as had looked and Maroon 5 and Katy Perry would be good.