We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

Hong Kong, China
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

Hi I am planning to take my kids to Universal on Monday Oc 1. Do I need to book tickets now or can I wait until I get to Singapore on Sept 29?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

nope. just buy at the gate. monday is school days so u would not have problems at all.. best to be there early while its still not too hot n u can enjoy the rides with less crowd...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

How many days are you here for? Are you dates fixed or flexible for the USS visit?

1st Oct is Children's Day, it is a school holiday, I would expect USS to be more crowded than usual over that weekend and on the Monday. However, I do not believe that you would need to buy advance tickets. They should still be available at the door when you are in town. Get there early at say 9.30am, you should be fine.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

traditionally childrens day is on the 1st Oct, but this year onwards will be on first friday of October.. i.e. 5th Oct..

www.moe.gov.sg/schools/terms-and-holidays/

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

We didn't have any advance bookings last year so I guess you do not need to book in advance. As said on previous posts 1st Oct is Children's Day that might make the USS busier than in general. Please be aware of it!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

I wouldn't book in advance - check the weather closer that date before you decide, perhaps?

You can even book tickets at the very last minute over the phone, the night before, if you want, then if you are staying in a hotel and have access to an email, you can just print it out or I think you can even download the email it into your phone and show it, I think.

Note that they do have courtesy buses that ply RWS USS and some hotels along Orchard Road - ONLY for foreign tourists. You need to show your passport and embarkation card.

BTW, Children's Day has officially been shifted to 5 October this year. It has now been shifted to the first Friday of October as the 12 year olds have nation wide exams usually around that time and cannot really enjoy it, so this was a new that happened a few years ago...

BUT 1st Oct is also China's National Day and there are a lot of Chinese tourists in Singapore at this time and USS is a popular attraction. :-)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,790 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

If you buy in advance your ticket is valid for any day ( depending on if you bought peak or off peak) for the next 6 months. So you can't buy for a specific day even if you wanted to.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

<< traditionally childrens day is on the 1st Oct, but this year onwards will be on first friday of October.. i.e. 5th Oct.. >>

Ohh... then OP is in luck ;-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

you can specify the date of admission when you purchase online. I did that when I booked my tickets in advance last year, unless USS had amended the rule lately. buying online also have it's advantages....sometimes there are promotions by credit card companies, eg discounts for mastercard holders. if u are Singaporean, occasionally, there are discounts for NTUC/Safra/Passion cardholders.

Penang Island...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

Hi, snookie. i think if you buy on the spot Sep 29 should be ok. but if you still worry cant get your tickets on that day . you can online buy the universal studios tickets. few website got sell the tickets through online. but i buy from http://www.easibook.com just now. because have 2$ discount. haha. enjoys your trip :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,432 posts
2,104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do I need to book tickets for Universal Studios in advance?

I would buy on the day and arrive before the park opens.

The only way I would buy universal tickets online in advance if there were discounts or other promotions.