We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The chocolate bar

aussie
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
The chocolate bar

hello, has anyone been to the chocolate bar at marina bay sands lately? my 8 year old is a bit of a sweet tooth and was thinking of taking her for a treat. is it worth the visit or over rated?

many thanks

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,796 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The chocolate bar

There is only so much chocolate you can eat.

Still, if your 8 thats probably quite a lot. You child will love it for sure.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The chocolate bar

I know people who can survive on chocolates, so its a personal choice. Lots of options for choc's in singapore. Its also there in the Somerset 313 mall at Orchard road.

For kids, any treat is worth a visit, so go right ahead! It's slightly expensive for us coming from India, but from Aus I don't think you would notice the price difference much.

Enjoy!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The chocolate bar

were there several months ago... the chocolate bar is all chocolaty stuffs... great ambience... u can walk around the skypark n the observation deck for the great views after that...

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The chocolate bar

I went to the Chocolate Buffet at the Marina Bay Sands Club on the 57th floor if that is the one you are thinking about.

Open from 8pm, it was $38SGD for the chocolate buffett, champers was an extra $20SGD.

The buffet had 52 different items on it, all delicious deserts, and all had chocolate in some shape or form. From macaroons to a made to order Chocolate Fondant, lots of small chocckies, tarts, cakes etcs.

I could not try all 52 - but I had a great time and enjoyed the experience.

I had high tea at Raffles at 4pm, and then headed off here at 9am, which worked quite well.

The atmosphere and service was outstanding, as you are up on the pool deck at the Marina Bay Sands. You are not able to swim but certainly can check out the pool area

aussie
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The chocolate bar

Thank you all, it will be a definite on the to do list.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The chocolate bar

You do need to book - just do it online - nice and easy

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The chocolate bar

I will be travelling solo in Singapore in October/November, in fact I will be staying at Marina Bay Sands for 7 nights.

1. Many solo travellers up in the chocolate bar? Would I look out of place?

2. Still need to book if your a hotel guest?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,132 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The chocolate bar

Clackers, you've been to Marina Bay before, twice, and a review, so what is it with these questions?

9. Re: The chocolate bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 02:18