We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Accom in Singapore

Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable Accom in Singapore

We are off to Singapore for 5 days in early October.

We were going to stay with a friend, but that has fallen through.

There are two of us (both female, one 40 and on 50) and we are happy to share accom if need be, we would just need two beds in a room.

As we hadnt budgeted for accom in Singapore, we dont want to go too expensive (but we dont want to stay "povo" either).

And.... neither of us have been to Singapore before and have no idea where is a reasonable place to stay!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

If you are looking at some nice hostel, you can consider Bunc Hostel. It's chic, cheap, nice and the staff are very friendly. It's less than 50-100 Singapore dollars a night.

If you are looking at hotels, you can consider Ibis Bencoolen which some recommended at 150-180 Singapore dollars a night.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

We used Crazy deals @ AsiaTravel for our June visit this year (we got the Park Regis) and they were fine and quite a lot cheaper than other comparable web sites offer also included breakfast.

Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

Landmark Hotel at Bugis, V Hotel at Lavender, Ibis Bencoolen at Bugis, Moon Hotel at Little India, Porcelein Hotel at Chinatown, Le Hotel at Clarke Quay.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

If you're going to find yourself in the Eastern part of the island, Capri by Fraser might be a good consideration. The place is pretty new, reasonably priced and has great facilities, not to mention lots of peace and quiet since it's slightly further away from the city!

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

A polite enquiry;

I'm curious to know, ''The _Zahraz'' posted their question, very politely I might add, approximately 53hrs ago, and many suggestion and much help offered, links provided, yet no feedback from the original posters.

Why bother to seek help, as many people do, and not respond ?

I'm not suggesting a questioner sits by their ''pooter'' waiting for answers, but 53hrs and still no response or answers to the question(s) we have put in order to help, seems a little strange to moi.

Alan.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

Ibis on Bencoolen is currently around £60 per night at the moment, which isa great deal for the cheapest room. A week there would only be around £500 inc tax, a great deal!

It has free wifi, and acceptable ameneties in the room. The bar also looks nice, although I didn't try it as I only stayed for 1 night.

Just a shame that £60 per night is almost 5* prices in Malaysia. For example, £69 per night will get you a room at Traders KLCC, which is consistently ranked #1 or #2 on TA. I stayed there for 2 nights in May. Great experience, especially the Sky Bar.

Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

bunc hostel!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

You can try South East Asia Hotel. at Bugis. Centrally located and run by womens. Very nead and clean, big rooms, and reasonably priced. Rooms are difficult to get, but if you book now, you should.

19. Re: Reasonable Accom in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 10:17