We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

Yesterday my father had a Stroke a changi airport en route to china as a stopover, so was rushed into changi general. He has been told that he should be able to leave the hospital in the next five days as long as everything is ok and he is still stable. Unfortunately they have said that he will not be able to fly for another four weeks.

My step mother is currently stopping at the crown in changi airport but feels that he would not like this hotel as it is noisy and quite dark inside, also they are currently charging about £220 a night.

As he will now have to stop somewhere for 4 weeks still close (ish) to the hospital can anyone help and recommend a nice place that would be good to recover that is nice and light in the bedrooms, clean decent food in the hotel as he has lost some use in his leg. Anything that is around the £220 or less a night so the insurance will be happy.

I have tried looking myself but finding it hard to work out distances and see what some of the places are like.

Hope people can help

Laura

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed

check Changi Village Hotel... quiet area n near beach...

singapore is a compact city.. even in town going to changi hospital by taxi will not be more than 25 min.. u may also want to check out Traders Hotel... near Botanic Gardens..

Edited: 19 September 2012, 18:11
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed

That's great thanks so much will have a look now. X

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed

u can check also Grand Mercure Roxy.. at East Coast Road... less than 15 min by taxi to Changi Hospital...

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,663 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed

Cast a look round using expedia or similar for ideas. Bear in mind that by taxi the main city is only about 20-25mins away from Changi, and there;s options between the two areas, you can pick wherever budget allows and still be closer to your dad that most places you would be at home.

Hope he recovers well (that sort of thing runs in my family, so I've seen it in two generations of my relatives now) so make sure he is good to fly before moving him....better a longer claim on the insurance and being sure than more time in hospital back home.

If there is time filling or day to day stuff on that sort of linger time, Im sure some of us here can give ideas should you want.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 21:35
5. Re: Help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:19