We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor laws and children

Perth
Level Contributor
459 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor laws and children

Two adults and two children (11 and 15) travellng December 30 to January 7 . My husband likes views and often seeks the taller buildings in a city. We are looking at eating at a few places below.

Level 33 brewery ($33++ for lunch) or perhaps a drunk at sunset. Are children allowed to go there. In australia they could if they were accompanying their parents for a meal? We would not be staying for a long session.

Just out of interest, other places we like the sound of are

Equinox for high tea . I know there are better places but I have been and the views are great. Have searched and the Raffles seems to be $70, which is too expensive when timesed by 4.

Sky bar on 57 Marina Bay Sands $50 set lunch menu

Thanks in advance

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor laws and children

sorry, I am a poor folk and I do not go for any meals higher than $30++. Otherwise if I do go to these high-end places, I go there for free.

Anyway, to answer your liquor law questions. Children are allowed to step into "restaurants" if they are accompanying their parents. You need to check whether the place is a pub or a restaurant. Best suggestion is, email the restaurant and ask before going. If the outlet holds mainly a restaurant license, instead of just liquor license, children are allowed to enter. However, if the outlet holds a pub or club license, children are not allowed to enter regardless if they are entering with parents or not.

Restaurants answer queries pretty fast, especially the high-end dining restaurants. Their policy is 24 or 48 hrs response, therefore, you do not have to worry about not getting a response fast.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor laws and children

try this new restaurant with a view too...

Zafferano - http://zafferano.sg/

Perth
Level Contributor
459 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor laws and children

Thank you for the replies. I didn't think $33++ was too bad for an appetizer buffet, simple main and dessert buffet and a view, especially when it is only a few dollars more than the Singapore Flyer. We are staying at the YMCA to save money for outings and a few treat meals.

Zafferano looks interesting. Was looking for something like the Traders in KL, great view, a round of drinks and snacks or meal before the night crowd set in. Lunch seems a much cheaper option. This might fit the bill. Will keep Zafferano on my list of possibilities.

Once again, thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor laws and children

LiemPerth I think it's relative, you will find the cost of food cheaper on average in Singapore. So to the other poster $33 is probably like a $55 meal to us in Australia. Don't laugh but one of my favourite meals in Singapore is the Yong Tofu with Laksa down in basement food court of Changi Terminal 3 for all of around $5!

5. Re: Liquor laws and children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 00:19