We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather at xmas

TENBY , WALES
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
weather at xmas

Could someone tell me what the weather will be like fo a trip at xmas thanks

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather at xmas

Hot and humid, short busts of very heavy rain. As the ''wetter time'' in Singapore, a relative term really, you may get a little more rain than say June, but in any event, hot and humid.

Enjoy, don't worry about the weather or the rain, it's most unlikely it will rain continuously like it does very often in Wales, it's a totally different ball game and unlike anything you've likely to have experienced if you've never been to the tropics.

All the best . Alan.

p.s. Predicting the weather in Singapore is akin to predicting the lottery numbers, almost impossible.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather at xmas

Hi,

Yes weather in Singapore is hot, wet and humid all year. Although it is a lot wetter towards the end of the year, it is unlikely to rain continuously for long periods. Even if it rains, you will still have a lot to do such as shopping, going to the museums, etc. Depending on where you are heading, there are underpasses here that allow you to move about without getting wet.

You will still be able to enjoy Singapore and the Christmas Light -Up at Orchard Road is not to be missed, imvho.

Edited: 27 September 2012, 22:39
London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather at xmas

Singapore never goes below 30degrees regardless of the time of the year. But expect heavy but short downpours of rain every afternoon, maybe thunderstorms.

TENBY , WALES
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather at xmas

Thank you for your time and info...much appreciated x

TENBY , WALES
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather at xmas

Thank you x

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather at xmas

What I always tell friends who visit: Wear comfortable clothes during the day, something nicer for dinner, and always bring a small foldable umbrella. Enjoy!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,903 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather at xmas

HOt, humid with occasional rain

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

( i always look for s a soap and a rope when i see a WEATHER question0)....LOL

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather at xmas

Schonefeld - I am going to show my ignorance here but huh???

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,903 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather at xmas

/SingaporeNancy,

I can assure you - ROPE+SOAP is not a rain-protective device, if you mean this!!!!!

10. Re: weather at xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:18