We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USS crowd

Malaysia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
USS crowd

Have anyone been to USS recently? Planning to bring the kids on 26th Dec and worried about the crowd.

What is the average queue time for the rides?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USS crowd

Not recently been to Universal Studios, but was there during the National Day public holiday back in Aug. The park was crowded, but everything was under control. Some rides, eg, rollercoasters, didn't have to wait long to board. Seems like most people were at the Transformers ride, but everything went ok.

However, the food places will be overflowing with people. Don't say I didn't warn you....

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USS crowd

On 26th December, do expect a big crowd as the local school holidays are on and also, its tourist season! Waiting time for the popular rides can be up to an hour or even longer. Although S$ 50 per person is a big amount, it may make sense to go for an Express pass as that will dramatically cut your waiting time. A thing to note that even with an express pass, you cannot take the express lane more than once for each ride. (If you want to take a ride for the 2nd time, you have to stand in the normal queue).

You can mitigate the long queues to some extent by getting there as soon as it opens in the morning, but because of the holidays, it won't take too long for the park to start filling up.

Edited: 17 December 2012, 05:09
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,132 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USS crowd

Yes the Transformers ride is the busiest so head there first filled by the dulling coasters which are next door. If you get there at opening, and know where they are you should be ride these with minimal waiting is any. You can decide after that if it is wort investing in an Express pass.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,214 posts
1,821 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USS crowd

I expect 26th Deecember might be busy with peak holiday crowds.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: USS crowd

Thanks all for your input.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USS crowd

We were there today. I wish I had bought the fast pass as I thought it wouldn't be busy - at first rides were about 20min wait within a couple of hours rides like the transformers ride were 90mins. The Jurassic park ride took us 60mins whereas the fast pass line just whizzed past and I reckon they only waited 10mins. One thing be aware of by about 530-6 the weather comes in and they may shut down the rides that are outside. We had just got of battle star galatica and it shut due to the storm coming. So make sure you go on all your favourites first.

We enjoyed it though :D

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: USS crowd

Went there last Saturday. It was busy but didn't queue long for each ride really. Maybe 30 minutes each but I did see a 70 minute sign at Transformers later in the day. You should get around everything. Don't forget to see the Spielberg movie set show which is near Transformers and is a good option if it is raining along with Shrek etc. Go for the first water world show and any rides that may shut due to weather earlier to avoid disappointment.

The queues in the park are actually fun because most rides are very well themed with things to look at etc.

Thanks.

8. Re: USS crowd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:15